• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pix of copper creek and elbe

slideshow86

Well I started building a bumper yesterday. Its just primered and ill be finishing it up over the next couple days. (It is NOT finished in the pix, I added a few more tubes and some gussets tonight. Tomorrow at work im going to gusset the crap out of it)

Our goal was a few trails and then go find snow.

Here is the new owner of my old subaru. (This is the car I traded STRAIGHT across to get my truck)

102_3548.jpg

Here is our first obstacle, the group thought she wouldnt make it :kissmybutt: Hell ive crossed water over the headlights.

Vid- http://www.youtube.com/profile#p/a/u/1/4sQVX3VKXfc

Then he got stupid

102_3567.jpg

102_3572.jpg

Here is a forum memeber.... Anyone know who?

102_3568.jpg

So normally when a guy gets stuck you just tug him out right...Or you use the winch on the front bumper.

102_3576.jpg

Hooking it up

102_3574.jpg

Giving it a tug

102_3577.jpg

Whoops :eeek:

102_3578.jpg

They re-attached (I guess) the bumper and gave it another tug..

Vid 2- http://www.youtube.com/profile#p/a/u/0/p8QXJAJX2Wg

Whoops again!! (He didnt even dissconnect the winch power leads from the battery, just let them rip free of a nice optima red top :haha: )

102_3593.jpg

Ill caption this one "Who needs this damn thing any way?"

102_3597.jpg

I didnt get many photos here, but the ice was thick. It would hold up the trucks on long schutes like this.

102_3603.jpg

Then we headed over to Copper creek, heres a group pic

102_3615.jpg

Heres one of the start of my bumper

102_3616.jpg

We found a jeep burried in the snow and after we got him unstuck. One of our guys tried to crawl up the hill the jeep got stuck on. It was an epic fail, He slid straight back into the jeep we just pulled out.... First I couldnt believe he wasnt stopping, then I coudlnt believe the jeep wasnt moving... Crash.... I know, I konw and I didnt get a picture. It was snowing too hard and I didnt want to get my camera wet...

102_3621.jpg

102_3628.jpg

102_3630.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha that bumper **** was funny, you know your a redneck when your winch and tow bar end up in your back seat. good time today:awesomework:

You know whats scary is the towbar hooked to that weak bumper:eeek:

I totally agree! I cant believe anyone would chance towing that behind there own car. A wrong move and....... Could you ever let your self down for rearending your self? :booo: (or worse off hurting someone!)

You know whats scary is the towbar hooked to that weak bumper:eeek:

Getto fab at its bestest:looser: It was so strong I dont even really see damage to the front of the xj.

Looks like a good day was had.

Copper creek? where is that?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...755784,-121.965054&spn=0.003242,0.006877&z=17

Ive never been there before but I believe this is the entrance. It has a big jump looking thing on the left side of the road when you pull in. So if you see that your on the right road.

I didnt get good traction and wished I had chains. If I were to go back I would bring chains and choose one or the other and not try to do both in one day.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...755784,-121.965054&spn=0.003242,0.006877&z=17

Ive never been there before but I believe this is the entrance. It has a big jump looking thing on the left side of the road when you pull in. So if you see that your on the right road.

I didnt get good traction and wished I had chains. If I were to go back I would bring chains and choose one or the other and not try to do both in one day.

no need for chains... just a little more throttle :fawkdancesmiley:

Really, I figured it would be the only way to go.

The one thing that was soo bother some was not being able to get over out of peoples way when you came to another truck going the opposite direction. It was soo icy you just coulndt get out of the ruts.

Really, I figured it would be the only way to go.

The one thing that was soo bother some was not being able to get over out of peoples way when you came to another truck going the opposite direction. It was soo icy you just coulndt get out of the ruts.

Its because of the ifs.:fawkdancesmiley:

despite what all these guys say. Its the driver, not the IFS. Your turning problems might have been attributed to the rear locker pushing both tires on the ice, tire pressure, throttle input, etc.

Dont listen to Brian, he rolls or his rig breaks anytime he gets behind the wheel :haha:

despite what all these guys say. Its the driver, not the IFS. Your turning problems might have been attributed to the rear locker pushing both tires on the ice, tire pressure, throttle input, etc.

Dont listen to Brian, he rolls or his rig breaks anytime he gets behind the wheel :haha:

Do you even wheel marc?