• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pizza cutters

preacherman

I have always been a fan of pizza cutters, but they are getting more and more difficult to find. Thinking about going to a super swamper SSR in 35x 10.50 anybody else run pizza cutters?

post up pics and your thoughts.

War-Heeper has 34x9.5s on his willy...

I almost bought a set "back in the day". I realy like the thought of pizza cutters wil you air them down...:eeek:

It would depend on the terrain. I rarely run full air pressure now (on 33x12.50s). I currently run F/R locked TJ on toyo 33x12.5s, but I believe the 35 bump is coming, really only because I don't like the gear ratios available on 33s. If I stay 33s I will be buy a set of 10.50s, but that 35x10.50 SSR is tempting me.

In most terrains the narrow tires dig to hard surface, and go, while wide tires displace the weight in such a way that you float on slick goo. often a person gets a much better forward progress from skinnys. Parts of the world where this is a part of life not a hobby skinnys are the tire of choice.

outside of Antarctica.

:stirpot:
In most terrains the narrow tires dig to hard surface, and go, while wide tires displace the weight in such a way that you float on slick goo. often a person gets a much better forward progress from skinnys. Parts of the world where this is a part of life not a hobby skinnys are the tire of choice.

outside of Antarctica.

I have to agree, except where said goo is deaper than the distance from teh bottom of your tire, to the center of your diff.

:stirpot:

jeepflex.jpg

I ran the 35-10.50-16 SSR'S. they worked good and there road manners were awesome.

This is going to be an old school Vs New school thread

Old school narrow tires give you more traction

New school. Technology will give you more traction

There is no perfect tire for all. Just a compromise for the best of all. It is all what you want and fit your rig

Haha, but what if we put old school and tech together? I don't care if you want to run wide rubber, go for it. I like skinny, and I can pick up a set of bald WIDE tries for snow runs easy enough. I have chains, and can chain a set of baldys; done it before.

This is going to be an old school Vs New school thread

Old school narrow tires give you more traction

New school. Technology will give you more traction

There is no perfect tire for all. Just a compromise for the best of all. It is all what you want and fit your rig

Bullshit! Pitbull Rocker! :fawkdancesmiley: Only downside is you have to run <5psi to get traction. :masturbanana[1]:

I would have to say weight has alot to do with it. If you are in a heavier rig then a wider tire will work well and spread out the weight a little bit. On a lighter rig a skinny tire will do well as there is less weight to spread. The ground psi could be the same on a heavy rig with wide meats as it is on a light rig with skinnys. Snow and sand need a wider tire, but other then that it depends on the weight of said rig. I think a 12.5 can be a bit too wide at times for say a zook but too skinny for say a K5.

You choose to run a 35/10.5 over a 35/12.5 because it cuts through the mud to get down to traction? If you have good tread on the 12.5 width tire it too should dig through the mud and get traction. Why do we air down our tires? To get a better foot print and better traction. If skinny tires were better why don't we air up when we get to a muddy/difficult section of trail?