• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PLanning an SAS on a 98 Ranger????

angelfly

So i am planing to do SAS in december on my 98 ranger, I have a few questions

I was thinking for drivetrain 44 front and 9in rear cut down? how does that sound

WHat would people use for leaf springs i was thinking yota springs in front and Deavers out back???? any opinions

I want to know what parts u guys would source up and such and what parts you would think would work best??

First time ever working on a new rig younger then a 85. . . So i kinda in the dark here!

PLease help i can do all the work myself i just need ideas and some helpfull hints:awesomework:

Thanx ahead of time:beer:

So i am planing to do SAS in december on my 98 ranger, I have a few questions

I was thinking for drivetrain 44 front and 9in rear cut down? how does that sound

WHat would people use for leaf springs i was thinking yota springs in front and Deavers out back???? any opinions

I want to know what parts u guys would source up and such and what parts you would think would work best??

First time ever working on a new rig younger then a 85. . . So i kinda in the dark here!

PLease help i can do all the work myself i just need ideas and some helpfull hints:awesomework:

Thanx ahead of time:beer:

Why not get a set of axles out of an early bronco? Run some extended radious arms with heims at the end. Get some soft coils for the front and the deavers out back

Why not get a set of axles out of an early bronco? Run some extended radious arms with heims at the end. Get some soft coils for the front and the deavers out back

Those are kinda the of suggestion i need!!!! Thanx man Thats a really good thought.

Its gonna be a DD/weekend warrior, i have a fulltime wheeling rig already

Why not get a set of axles out of an early bronco? Run some extended radius arms with heims at the end. Get some soft coils for the front and the deavers out back

X2!!

There is no good reason to run leaf springs if you are going to run a HP-D44!!!

Run full width and pick up some 6-over front glass and pull the bed sides.

Run a 78-UP ford HP-D44 shorten the long side down to a Scout or Waggy length allowing you to run OTS axles. Just cut the cast end lose from the tube shorten the tube and reweld...
I'm going to do this with the 85 I picked up off this board.
Narrow up & truss, a 9-inch in the rear, not hard at all.

Run whatever ranger springs. I'm going C/O in the front & Deavers in the rear most likely. Front glass with about a 3" flair and pulled bedsides.

Keep em coming guys i really appreciate all the help:awesomework: Looks like i will be hitting the drawing board tonight:D

Cause EB guys think they are gold plated.... when the width is right, but they are small joint, low pinion.

Waggy is another good option if you don't want to go full width or have a full width narrowed.

There is a writeup in 4Wheel & Off-Road called the Danger Ranger where they did a SAS and other stuff. This month they did a Atlas swap & last month they did the axle swap.

There is a writeup in 4Wheel & Off-Road called the Danger Ranger where they did a SAS and other stuff. This month they did a Atlas swap & last month they did the axle swap.

Yeah i was following that the only thing i was wondering really about that is how much it would differ from my mine. . . being actually ifs and not ibeam. . . I believe the danger ranger is a 97 last yr of IBEAM and i have the bammer IFS and it sucks BAD!

Yeah i was following that the only thing i was wondering really about that is how much it would differ from my mine. . . being actually ifs and not ibeam. . . I believe the danger ranger is a 97 last yr of IBEAM and i have the bammer IFS and it sucks BAD!

I don't know about the diff from yours to the TTB. I stopped working on Fords in 97 so I can't say. I think I'd find somebody with a TTB and look to see. And I would for sure find a HP44 instead of that HP30. Just my IMHO.

I don't know about the diff from yours to the TTB. I stopped working on Fords in 97 so I can't say. I think I'd find somebody with a TTB and look to see. And I would for sure find a HP44 instead of that HP30. Just my IMHO.

Yeah fawk the 30, I actually might have got really lucky i have a buddy with a 69 bronco and he wants full width axles and his would fit perfect underneath my rig so i am trying to trade him a set i have laying around. . .

I will get a garage section post going soon Titled the stranger ranger:redneck:

Yeah fawk the 30, I actually might have got really lucky i have a buddy with a 69 bronco and he wants full width axles and his would fit perfect underneath my rig so i am trying to trade him a set i have laying around. . .

I will get a garage section post going soon Titled the stranger ranger:redneck:

Isn't the 69 a D30???

Yes a 69 would be a D30.

Your SLA truck is lots different than a TTB truck. There is not steering box, and no way to mount one on the inside of the frame like an older one. You need an outside the frame steering box.

check out ranger-forums.com there are several 98+ rangers that are SAS heres some threads and pictures.

http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=8030&highlight=sas

http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/showthread.php?t=34237&highlight=sas

100b1220.jpg

RiverRockLaborday06016.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

175996413-M.jpg

No problem glad I could help. I have a Mostly stock 01 and the truck has been through hell. they wheel darn good even in stock trim.

PM S10Slayer on the board, i'm not exactly sure of what year his ranger is (not a ford guy) but he has it SAS'd

not sure if its still around i know they went through some **** with the guys who owned the domain but another board worth checking out is therangerstation.com when I had my 99 I was on that board alot.