• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plasma Cutter

pplblazerdude

YESUMM
What's is everyone using? I have a cheap China cut 40 and it started acting up. Will act like wants to start a arc and never will. So I am thinking about getting a good plasma.

What's everyone use? This will be hobby use.

Thanks

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

pplblazerdude said:
What's is everyone using? I have a cheap China cut 40 and it started acting up. Will act like wants to start a arc and never will. So I am thinking about getting a good plasma.

Thanks

I ran a Miller 375 a couple times... They do the job but arent cheap.

Hypertherm 45 and it's been on my Torchmate for over 3 years and just keep changing concumables. I'd buy another one tomorrow if this one quit.

pplblazerdude said:

Thanks

Check your ground.
Mine did the same thing and it was the shitty connection between the wire and "plug" on the ground. Couldn't tell it was broke from the outside. Had to slip the boot back

TBItoy said:
Check your ground.
Mine did the same thing and it was the shitty connection between the wire and "plug" on the ground. Couldn't tell it was broke from the outside. Had to slip the boot back

Super weird thing was this all started when it got cold out. I will check this though. I'd love to keep my cheAp $50 plasma workin

I have had the same plasma cutter for 4 years now,but mine started acting up also mine will strike an arc but its acting like the air solenoid is stuck closed.Anyone know how to test one or where to get a new one?

I personally own an ESAB unit and a hypertherm 30 backpack plasma.

I would own another hypertherm in a heartbeat. Consumables are MUCH cheaper and it works awesome.

I've got a Cut 40 as well. If you pull the cover off there's a contactor near the front of the machine on the bottom. It requires periodic adjustment. There's a brass screw on each side of it, 8mm I think. Loosen one bolt and tighten the other to move the contactor side to side in small adjustments. Google it to get the measurements and check with a feeler guage. Mine started acting up after a year or so, harder and harder to light a cut. This fixed it.

Made my first plasma cutter purchase after using a buddys Hypertherm 30. I got the Hypertherm 30xp, because it topped out my budget but still cut as thick as I need. Love the machine. I think they have more experience with the plasma stuff from what I recall reading.

Hypertherm all the way. They have it all figured out and all of theirs are not high frequency.

2nd choice is thermal dynamics due to not being high frequency also. They need to be this so that if you ever want to add them to a plasma table you can

vidio1 said:
I've got a Cut 40 as well. If you pull the cover off there's a contactor near the front of the machine on the bottom. It requires periodic adjustment. There's a brass screw on each side of it, 8mm I think. Loosen one bolt and tighten the other to move the contactor side to side in small adjustments. Google it to get the measurements and check with a feeler guage. Mine started acting up after a year or so, harder and harder to light a cut. This fixed it.

I have been looking for this info and can not find it. Do you have it handy?