• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plasma cutter

Never heard of 'em, and I call bs on their warranty claims---my ESAB had a 3yr parts AND labor warranty, no need to ship--just take it to my local ESAB dealer (PRAXAIR)...sounds like a chinese unit, IMHO...

I'm real happy with my thermal dynamics cutmaster 151, ill never use its 1 3/4 sever, but its nice to have

Never heard of 'em, and I call bs on their warranty claims---my ESAB had a 3yr parts AND labor warranty, no need to ship--just take it to my local ESAB dealer (PRAXAIR)...sounds like a chinese unit, IMHO...

I have an older ESAB PCM500 Its a 50 amp 220V machine and I can get consumables in lacey or tacoma.

It woks fine for me.

Do you like taking it in the ass for consumables?

My roomates work had the same ESAB as mine and it had a board failure that was not affordable to fix so I grabbed it for spare parts (I know I even have a plazma "parts rig" :redneck:). Well it had a thermal dynamics torch on it that promptly went on mine.:D

So NO, I dont take in the ass on consumables.
Plus I bought it off CL years ago for $400 from some logging outfit in shelton that was going under. This was back when even shitty plazmas were over a grand.

I havent found a better plazma for 400 yet.:beer:

they have come down alot now.:awesomework:

What TD torch are you using, we had an older esab pcm500 at the shop with a td gun they put on, it worked pretty weak for a short while, but eventually the thing wouldn't cut 1/8" steel. One day after it sat under the bench for a few years I concluded that I should change out the torch, voila, great cutter again. Upon calling esab they said they can't put a real reason to it but td guns (or maybe just the one we had) just don't work on their machines.

http://parkermetalworking.com/parkermp100106_002.htm

I have the plasma tec 50 dv. I like it but it uses tips like crazy and it cost alot to replace them. 75 bucks for 5 tips and 5 electrodes.:mad:

Edit: I see they have dropped the prices a little from the last time i stocked up.

Are you running a good filter right before your machine? A little water will cause you to go through consumables faster than you should be.

Latest posts