• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plasma Cutter

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
Any recommendations? I'd like to be able to cut 3/8" max, which looking at the Miller 375 it'll do that. But would like to know more about them. I suck at OA cutting and have always liked plasma cutter.

I'm going to be needing one in the earlier part of next year i figure. And if I don't buy one, as a sidebar, would anyone be willing to let me borrow theirs for a day/weekend? I have my Miller 175 for collateral and maybe a $50 thank you on return Or someone willing to come out for the day with their plasma and donate some time to cut off IFS for the better good of America :D.

Keep in mind this is still a few months off, but i figured I'd ask and see. :hi:

when you find the one you want to buy then ask what the cost of the replacement consumable parts in the torch head cost.

I have the Miller 375 extreme (inverter) and wish I would of shelled out the couple hundred more for a bigger unit.

When I cut 1/4 or thicker my oxy/acetylene does better/ faster work than the 375.

All around the 375 is a great machine but my vote for general fab would be the 625 extreme. I only recommend the inverter based on storage size for the average joe.

You are more than welcome to try mine out if you wish. No loaning it out though, give me a call and you can cut some scrap up around my place.

Cool Tom, I might take you up on that offer, maybe i should just get an OA setup and learn to cut again. :redneck:

Plasma is way cheaper once you get the hang of not blowing out tips:redneck:

I still love my OA setup for thick **** though. Cut some 5/8 cirles recently and was amazed at how fast I could cut them with the OA setup. I go months/years now without using my OA setup for cutting. Now for heat is a whole different story.

Plasma is way cheaper once you get the hang of not blowing out tips:redneck:

It costs me less than 50 bucks to fill both A/C tanks.

I just bought 5 tips and 5 electrodes for the plazma two days ago, 50 bucks too. It still needs electricity and air (more electricity) to work.

Then it cuts slower than my torch with more mess and **** blowing back in my face.

I can make a torch tip fresh for surgery with just s tip cleaner and get 5+ years out of one tip.

I hate that ****in plazma. And mine is SUPPOSED to be good for 1/2 inch too.

i have a cheap over seas unit rated at close to fifty amps. it'll cut 1/2 inch but not fast or clean. i just picked up a set of 60 cosumables for about fifty bucks.... i could be talked into doing some cutting for you if you have air/220v...

What Tom said. I had a 375 cause its a great price for what seems to be just the rights size machine for a garage. But in reality its a weak little machine. I was cutting 1/4 plate with it, it was so slow it was painful. If your doing sheet metal work (1/8" or less) its a great machine, but beyond that and youll want more machine.

Check out Longevity. I have the 50I and I am happy with it. Rated at 3/4" but I don't know about that. Does good on 3/8" and thinner. Around $650 for the 50 amp. I wish I had the $ for a miller.

I just upgraded about 6 months ago from a miller spectrum 375 to a hypertherm powermax 45. The powermax is infinitely better. I can cut half inch like nothing. I even used it to cut off a th350 output shaft thats atleast an inch. Best one out there! Most of them are over rated for what they will cut. This thing is way under rated.