• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plasma rentals??

I suggest unless you are really good with a plasma--not use it to scarf stuff off your frame....

We rented one from the local welding shop for a job and it was actually pretty cheap... like $20-40/day w/consumables.

It was cheap enough that we thought it was a good deal. Can't remember what shop, my brother picked it up. I would have said Praxair, but they closed my local branch, to it might have been Airgas, but lately I've been using the Central in Maltby... good guys up there from my limited (so far) dealings.
________
Weed

Last edited:
why do you say that, crash? could i possibly destroy some **** i dont wana?

There is a technique to removing stuff off a frame without damaging it unless you have a specail tip for the plasma. The plasma isn't like a torch--where you can heat the material and blow it off--the plasma--you push the button and it blows straight thru what you are pointing it at

Just be very careful if you get one....

There is a technique to removing stuff off a frame without damaging it unless you have a specail tip for the plasma. The plasma isn't like a torch--where you can heat the material and blow it off--the plasma--you push the button and it blows straight thru what you are pointing it at

Just be very careful if you get one....
x2:corn:

hmmm you might be right... so cutoff wheels, you suggest? i dont have an oxy-acetalyne torch.

You can do it just be careful where the tip is pointed. Hold it 90 degrees fto the frame you should be just fine. You have plenty of material to practice on before you get to the frame and you have all day with the machine so just practice before you try to get fancy at the frame :awesomework:

You can do it just be careful where the tip is pointed. Hold it 90 degrees fto the frame you should be just fine. You have plenty of material to practice on before you get to the frame and you have all day with the machine so just practice before you try to get fancy at the frame :awesomework:

thanks man.:awesomework: