• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Playing in the desert.......not the fun kind either

1TONZR2

Big mudda fugga!
well it looks like my time has come. I will be heading to Ft. Hood, TX at the end of Aug. for a few months of training, then onto the box. We are unsure where we are going, but more than likely somewhere in Iraq. After 12 years in the Guard, this will be my first overseas deployment. I was supposed to go with this unit, but I got picked up for E-5 in my current unit (that is non-deployable overseas). During my annual training, I was approached by some of my buddies that are still in that unit (including the XO) asking if I would want to go with them......of course I had to talk with my wife and get approval from her before I could even think about getting approval from my 1SG and commander. After talking with her, we decided that I would go ahead with it. We had been planning for this to happen anyway, being that, we (my old unit) knew the time frame that we would be going over. Atleast I will be going with a good group of guys (6 of which I work full time with) and I know they are good troops....oh ya my old shop supervisor (CW3 type) will be my maintenance Chief, which is also a plus. I know the year will be tough to be away from my family, especially my 1 year baby girl, but this will be for the best.....I hope.
So, barring some sort of paperwork issue, I will be transferred back to my old unit in a few weeks and then i will start training with them.

I guess my rig will get some time to rest while I am gone and will be ready for some beat downs when I get back. I was really hoping to do SETTC again this year, but gonna have to wait till next time I guess.

Brian

Brian , we will definetly miss you at the SETTC. But more importantly Becareful ,be SAFE and come back to us in one peice so we can wheel again! And thanks for doing what your doing! :dblthumb:

I know you have to do, what you have to do, but be safe and come back so we can meet up and wheel together. :dblthumb: Your family and Country come first, but sure would like to meet you in person Brian and run some rock. One of these days though. :dblthumb:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

We'll have to try to get together when you are at Ft. Hood. I'm not holding my breath you'll be busy, but we can try for it.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support!

Wyatt, I will let ya know. I know we will be training for most of the time there, but I am sure there will be some lag time....whether or not they let us go anywhere is another story.

Brian

Thank you SOOOO much for serving, truly from the bottom of my heart. Be safe.

J. J.

it takes alot of courage to be in the military. be safe with all your training and definently be safe after your deployment.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS DO FOR OUR COUNTRY

Thanks for your service and the sacrifice you and others have made. It is greatly appreciated. I don't think you guys hear that enough.

When you get to the sandbox, email us an address. I was in Kuwait for 6 months milking my Copenhagen, because the PX NEEEEVER had it. We wrote a letter to US Tobacco, and in about a month we got a BOX of rolls of Cope of all different kinds. I want to pay that foward and if there's ANYTHING you need, let us know. We'll get you taken care of.

blacksheep10 said:
Except we still need an American flag emoticon

smilie_flag.gif
salute.gif

Be safe man, and thanks for your service. I went twice and I would do it again. It's not the funnest thing in the world, but it is very rewarding in the long run. You got questions....i got answers! If you plan to re-up do it there...the cash is nasty huge when you re-up in theater. Good luck!

Thanks everyone, the support you guys show is what every soldier likes to hear and I know I wish more people supported us that way.

Colt, my ETS does come up while I am there, so I will be getting an extra 500 a month for stoploss bonus and I will be re-enlisting as well.....Tax free of course! :woot: this is the only time I will be able to get a bonus, because my full time job keeps from getting one unless I am on active duty orders....kinda sucks, but the technician program has ya by the balls on that one...to have a tech job (Fed. emp.) with the National Guard, you have to stay in the Guard....so they figure you dont need a bonus to stay in. :****:

Brian