• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plowboy Rebuild - KOH Prep 2015

redneckengineered said:
Has EOR ever had a vehicle finish KOH? Just curious.
The ONLY reason this one may is because Brandon Dillon is sharing the driving responsibilities.......

I bet a G that with those two behind the wheel it will def be on the roof before race end :****:

BUG-E J said:
I don't think anyone can build anything Richie Keith isn't going to destroy with his driving "style"

Agreed. I heard him say that he was to old to crawl and didn't have time for it.

Updates!

DSC_1560.JPG

DSC_1558.JPG

We moved the power steering reservoir forward from the firewall to the front of the chassis. The reason for doing so is that when the rig is climbing, the fluid isn't being pulled to the pump it's allowed to fall instead. Just little things to help prevent it from starving for fluid under hard throttle/climbing situations. We also moved the transmission coolers from the rear of the chassis to the front. Previously they ran two separate coolers due to packaging reasons, we have plenty of room so we ran the coolers together at the front. We moved the radiator to the rear and mounted it down low for trail riding comfort down the road. The new radiator is a 38x17" dual fan Griffin that we have used with all our Ultra4 builds.

DSC_1576.JPG

DSC_1562.JPG

DSC_1574.JPG

We replaced the single ended ram with a double ended ram to perform well at higher speeds, which was a packaging nightmare. We used .188 wall tube for the ram mount and gusseted it heavily. We sunk the ram behind the tube for protection and to allow clearance at full bump.

DSC_1579.JPG

DSC_1580.JPG

DSC_1549.JPG

We got all the shocks mounted and cycled without any binding. It would have been easy to hang tabs off the axles for the shocks but it's crucial to have the shock eye run perpendicular to the axle housing. The reason we did this is because when the axle articulates, it pivots on the mount instead of binding the shock eye.

DSC_1567.JPG

DSC_1563.JPG

DSC_1557.JPG

With the new link setup, the exhaust will clear the upper just fine and run out to behind the rear firewall.

DSC_1581.JPG

I know you guys have a plan, but is the engine protection going to be all welded in and if so what is the plan for working or removing it? Other than that question, everything looks awesome!!!! Keep it up and can't wait to see the Deere eat up the Desert. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
I know you guys have a plan, but is the engine protection going to be all welded in and if so what is the plan for working or removing it? Other than that question, everything looks awesome!!!! Keep it up and can't wait to see the Deere eat up the Desert. :dblthumb:

Plan A - Don't hurt the engine.

Plan B - Drop the engine out the bottom

Adam, it's looking good!

Couple questions for you. Did Ouverson start making cast knuckles? Last I checked, they were all billet. That has to have cut the price down substantially, and that's great! What spline will the rear 14 bolt be? 40-spline? Required new spindles?

Thanks for posting progress and explanation.