• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plowboy Rebuild - KOH Prep 2015

Axles will be located via Bluetooth and controlled by an I phone, links and shocks are so outdated.

So this is what I understand from 4 pages: Some people think Richie has money trees in his yard and should shake them for a whole new chassis instead of repairing and upgrading what he already has. :dunno: So what if he does, they are his trees

So here is my .02 cents: Richie is doing the right thing by letting WOD and EOR rebuild what he has and is familiar with, PLOWBOY. They both know exactly what they are doing and doing it to their best knowledge and what they think works with today's technology. Both company's are alumni's of KOH and today's race courses and know exactly what it takes to make the rigs run fast and to be competitive without compromising their number 1 concern, SAFETY. Bridging the gap between bouncer and KOH cars is what they are trying to accomplish here and Richie is giving them both chances to make his dream of racing KOH and other hill competitions come true. After all, why spend $200k on a buggy that he might only run once a year when you can have the best of both worlds in one. Hats off to Richie for doing it his way and for giving WOD the opportunity to do what they do best, build the best machines there is. :dblthumb:
This is in no way meant to create any butthurt and only my opinion and to wish one of the best guys you could only hope to meet, Good Luck. :dblthumb:

Its the internet. If you don't want opinions don't post it. I also don't think most people knew that he already had an additional new buggy in the works currently when they posted. (I didn't.) I wouldn't want two new builds going on concurrently either and that makes his decision to fix this one a little more understandable.

And I would beg to differ on the alumni thing. I don't think either company in question has ever put a car across the finish line at KOH, have they? I am UGA alumni but I wouldn't claim that if I hadn't graduated. :)

patooyee said:
Its the internet. If you don't want opinions don't post it. I also don't think most people knew that he already had an additional new buggy in the works currently when they posted. (I didn't.) I wouldn't want two new builds going on concurrently either and that makes his decision to fix this one a little more understandable.

And I would beg to differ on the alumni thing. I don't think either company in question has ever put a car across the finish line at KOH, have they? I am UGA alumni but I wouldn't claim that if I hadn't graduated. :)

Actually Adam took 7th place in the Hustler the first year he raced, then 21st the next year. Pretty sure they know what they are doing as far as building a vehicle is concerned.

patooyee said:
And I would beg to differ on the alumni thing. I am UGA alumni but I wouldn't claim that if I hadn't graduated. :)

So if you attend a high school or college and don't finish there for whatever reason, you are not an alumni???

Speeding said:
Actually Adam took 7th place in the Hustler the first year he raced, then 21st the next year. Pretty sure they know what they are doing as far as building a vehicle is concerned.

I stand corrected then. I wouldn't ever say they don't know what they were doing.

muddinmetal said:
So if you attend a high school or college and don't finish there for whatever reason, you are not an alumni???

My understanding of the definition of the word was that you must graduate to be an alumnus. But now you had me wondering so I looked it up and it is just MOST OFTEN reserved for graduates but can be used for students that did not graduate. So I guess I stand corrected there, too.

patooyee said:

Wow JJ, I did not point fingers at ANYONE. I too did not know he had another buggy in the works. Opinions are like a$$holes... I am merely pointing out that he can spend his money the way HE wants, but it's tree to shake.

As far as the alumni classification, their resumes are a HELL of a lot stronger than yours and mine are I'm sure.

As far as UGA goes, that's your fault, not mine. LOL

CHASMAN9 said:
Wow JJ, I did not point fingers at ANYONE.

Neither was I, although your opinion seemed to go directly in the face of my previous one, which is why I felt the need to reply. I want to see Richie dominate KOH which is why I want to see him out there in something that was built for the race. I always root for an East Coaster when they go out there. It just always perplexes me when people post on the internet and then wonder why they get opinions. That is a general statement, not necessarily meant for this specific thread. People will always say things like, "Its his business, why do you feel the need to post / differ in opinion?" BECAUSE HE PUT IT ON THE INTERNET, ON A DISCUSSION BOARD OF ALL PLACES, FOR PEOPLE TO DISCUSS. :)

No worries, no hard feelings intended. It's OK to disagree. I don't think we do anymore really. Two builds at once is too much. I totally agree with his choice to rebuild this one now that I know more. We've met in real life, I don't think you are sitting there behind your keyboard scowling at me or something. I hope you don't think I am. :)

patooyee said:
Neither was I, although your opinion seemed to go directly in the face of my previous one, which is why I felt the need to reply. I want to see Richie dominate KOH which is why I want to see him out there in something that was built for the race. I always root for an East Coaster when they go out there. It just always perplexes me when people post on the internet and then wonder why they get opinions. That is a general statement, not necessarily meant for this specific thread. People will always say things like, "Its his business, why do you feel the need to post / differ in opinion?" BECAUSE HE PUT IT ON THE INTERNET, ON A DISCUSSION BOARD OF ALL PLACES, FOR PEOPLE TO DISCUSS. :)

No worries, no hard feelings intended. It's OK to disagree. I don't think we do anymore really. Two builds at once is too much. I totally agree with his choice to rebuild this one now that I know more. We've met in real life, I don't think you are sitting there behind your keyboard scowling at me or something. I hope you don't think I am. :)

Nailed it... Thanks JJ because we all want to see Richie and others do great on a platform we all love and enjoy and the greatness of all those who pour out there sweat and blood to build these machines. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

I went to Ga southern and made it 7 weeks till the attendence policy got me .. Then I stayed 7 months and partied my ass off and made the brilliant decision to sell drugs.. Don't think that I'm alumni .. Haha yAll Fukers kill me. From KOH to alumni in 3 or so post! Haha. Love it. I have to admit, i'm one of those that thinks he has those trees that fella was talkin bout. :****: also, to hear "plow boy" say "haters gonna hate" was priceless. Hahaha. How we use the nigg's sayings 3 yrs after they rap about it in a song is fawkin Funny as hell to me. Anywho, carry on WOD, I have yet to see anything less than perfect come from y'all's shop. Reminds me of my work. Hahaha

payne97 said:
Is the buggy still going to be high looks like ull just lowered the link mount n the front

Please read item number 9 of the first post of this thread. I think you'll find your answer there.

CHASMAN9 said:
Nailed it... Thanks JJ because we all want to see Richie and others do great on a platform we all love and enjoy and the greatness of all those who pour out there sweat and blood to build these machines. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Greg, you should go race KOH. You stand a better chance because there are NO TREES. :flipoff1: