• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PlowBoy Xtreme Off-Road - November 11-12, 2016 - POSTPONED

Local newspaper article on the County Commissions decisions related to the Off-road Park.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/news/20161017/county-commission-denies-motorsports-park

CHASMAN9 said:
I was hoping maybe they would at least give him a 48 hour trial period for the weekend to see how bad it really turned out to be instead of just Slamming the door on him. If you Google Earth the location, it's not as though he is in not setting up camp in the middle of a school zone, he's out in the sticks, literally. :mad:

Yeah no kidding. Set of passages from the linked article.

"There is no better location," he said. "This land has sat idle for 20, 30 years. We are trying to get this property that has doom and gloom and make it something that is positive. I have as much to lose as anybody."

The land sits in a region formerly occupied by the agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation Monsanto, on land that has gained a negative public perception for the polluting effects of phosphate mining and processing.

"It was a junk hole, it had refrigerators on it, it had everything in the world on it, and we have made it a positive place out there," Keith said.

So reading the article and it zoned as "heavy industrial" I think it would be time to find the loudest piece of machinery I could find and run a "night shift" only there. molaugh molaugh

Yes I know this won't help anything.

civicmindedex79 said:
So reading the article and it zoned as "heavy industrial" I think it would be time to find the loudest piece of machinery I could find and run a "night shift" only there. molaugh molaugh

Yes I know this won't help anything.

Whats to say that we don't call it an event and just get a bunch of buggies together for a weekend of good old fashion smack talking, gas guzzling, friendly game of " I can climb that hill faster than you" fun weekend? No hype, no money, no regrets. JS :dunno: Just good old boys out having fun on some privately owned property.

I am down for that...but not sure if he should stick that out there yet if he wants a park in the future.

bbone said:
I am down for that...but not sure if he should stick that out there yet if he wants a park in the future.

I'm all for R&D, let's get one in the works starting in your neighborhood Ben? :dblthumb:

It's really sad that you even have to go to some meeting to "let" people tell you how you can use YOUR own land.

Zoning was tried to be voted in here, but telling people how to use their land resulted in a lot of violence, so it never passed.

Re:

AOP as well. Gonna try and keep my junk together.

Greg, you bringing the early am coffee?

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
AOP as well. Gonna try and keep my junk together.

Greg, you bringing the early am coffee?

Hell yaz, I'll even throw in some Krispy Kremes for ya'll. It's on now. :eat: :eat: :eat:

Re: Re: PlowBoy Xtreme Off-Road - November 11-12, 2016 - POSTPONED

Tim7 said:
Thinking about goin to stony lonesome to try it out
I will be there Sunday if you go. If you go Saturday, make sure you get a map and circle the good areas first with the staff.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Me and a couple buddies coming down with Buggy's in the morning would like to hook up and ride with a couple of you guys what time do some of you expect to be there broady?