• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PlowBoyII - New 900HP Hill Killer from Wide Open Design

Awesome man. Yall can put out some top shelf/top notch rigs.

I would hate to know what the total tab on that sucker was....

Mind blown. Thanks for sharing stuff we all Dream about

Somewhiteguy awesome avatar!!! molaugh

Thanks for the detailed build. Taking the time to entertain us ass-clowns is what makes WOD the best of the best in our sport. Keep up the good work guys. One day I hope to owe you a lot of money.

bluzuk80 said:
Unbelievable!! Makes me want to throw rocks at my junk :dblthumb:

It is like taking a good looking woman to your class reunion. Getting thumbs up from some of the guys. Then some dude shows up with Megan Fox. ;D

1tfrot said:
GPS? or is this one not seeing the big race like asked before? didn't see one with the interior shot.

nice work guys

This is the new "bouncer" not the Ultra 4 rebuild PlowBoy

Very impressive can't wait to see it in a couple days.

:driving:

Attachments

• 900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg
    900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 804
SomewhiteGuy said:
Wow the response to this has been amazing, I am so proud to have been a part of this build. thumb.gif

With a rig that's going to take so much abuse I would think it would have a pillar gussets. Is it the heavier tubing or something else I'm missing that yall felt it unnecessary. I didn't do one on my buggy and always kind of regretted it.

Sawzall said:
It is like taking a good looking woman to your class reunion. Getting thumbs up from some of the guys. Then some dude shows up with Megan Fox. ;D
:****: looks amazing

al1tonyota said:
Smh newb! Check the builder of those buggies you named! Wod has deffinately built some tv worthy buggies though!

I realize WOD didn't build all of those buggies. I'm using them as examples of themed buggies or builds. Should have worded it different.

Great quality work as expected from WOD Can't wait till KOH!!! unfortunately this will be the first time in 4 years that i cant make the KOH, but i look forward to seeing how this rig performs. Whether or not it finishes its is a work of art!! great job and good luck!!! :popcorn: thumb.gif

Re: Re: PlowBoyII - New 900HP Hill Killer from Wide Open Design

bsfor said:
Great quality work as expected from WOD Can't wait till KOH!!! unfortunately this will be the first time in 4 years that i cant make the KOH, but i look forward to seeing how this rig performs. Whether or not it finishes its is a work of art!! great job and good luck!!! :popcorn: thumb.gif
This is not the KOH buggy....

snoball said:
With a rig that's going to take so much abuse I would think it would have a pillar gussets. Is it the heavier tubing or something else I'm missing that yall felt it unnecessary. I didn't do one on my buggy and always kind of regretted it.

It came down to Richie being able to get in and out of the buggy. We opted to make the back portion of the cage right over his head the strongest. That meant more tube and that took up the area where it was easy for him to get in and out of. So we thought hard about it but we opted out on the A pillar down tube. There is a ton of over head bracing and its all thick wall tubing. We will have to see what happens though. If the front corner does bend down I have no doubt that Richie will be safe where he is strapped in. We can rebuild this buggy, but not replace him.

I am blown away with the response of this buggy. I have to say this was a huge group effort to make this thing happen. All of the guys in the shop put their best foot forward and we pulled this together as a team. From the fabrication team, to the office guys getting the right parts. Richie being the right customer was what it took to pull this off. It was a team effort all the way through. We all appreciate the good words you guys are saying. If Wide Open Design can help any of you guys out there with your projects don't hesitate to reach to us. We are here to get you what you need so you can do what you want.

Also I'm not sure if you guys have looked but there are a ton more pictures on www.wideopendesign.com under the projects page Plow Boy II.

Adam

[gas station redneck]Ho leeee sheeet. How much you got in dat thang? I bet at least 50k! My brother n law is building one right now....[/gas station redneck]

thumb.gif

Unbelievable guys. I have to say I saw this thing a few times during the build and was not a believer. Not big on the tractor thing. But you guys somehow took a tractor and made it look ****ing badass. And fast! And since Class 1 cars give me a chubb the Class 1 B pillar look is straight killing it!

Latest posts