• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PlowBoyII - New 900HP Hill Killer from Wide Open Design

Just when you think you have something badass, a rig like this comes out and all the sudden you start thinking about selling! Ha. Video!!!!!

Im84 said:
Just when you think you have something badass, a rig like this comes out and all the sudden you start thinking about selling! Ha. Video!!!!!

Man i feel the same way!! Makes you think why even bother.

Forgive my ignorance! This Builder is amazing! What are some of the technological upgrades on it that haven't been seen? I can't wait to see it in action!

I hate the rear steer went out I stayed up till midnight waiting to see him but **** happens this is the best looking build I've ever seen drool drool :woot: :woot: good job wide open :dblthumb:

redneckengineered said:
[gas station redneck]Ho leeee sheeet. How much you got in dat thang? I bet at least 50k! My brother n law is building one right now....[/gas station redneck]

LMAO! I can hear it now! All I've got is a skint up and dented up turd Toyota and I absolutely hate gas station rednecks!!

"Hey man, what kind of lift is that?"

"You goin' muddin?"

"Is that one of them rock climbers?"

And of course every convo almost always ends with a "Shoot yeah man, my buddy's dad's friend had ole K5 Blazer on 38's one time and we almost flipped it on a powerline one time then got stuck in a mudhole..."

Very nice guys. Its clean, functional and badass. I look forward to seeing it in person, as i know the detail of the work is hidden in internet pics..

TacomaJD said:
LMAO! I can hear it now! All I've got is a skint up and dented up turd Toyota and I absolutely hate gas station rednecks!!

"Hey man, what kind of lift is that?"

"You goin' muddin?"

"Is that one of them rock climbers?"

And of course every convo almost always ends with a "Shoot yeah man, my buddy's dad's friend had ole K5 Blazer on 38's one time and we almost flipped it on a powerline one time then got stuck in a mudhole..."

Spot on! I was wondering if someone would get that. I'm glad you feel my pain. That **** never fails.

It's awesome to see a hard working, successful guy pair up with a hard working and successful shop to create something really damn cool. THAT is the American!

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

If a bent return to center sending unit is the only issue on a brand new rig that's never been tested then I'd say that's pretty damn solid. It's a cheap and light weight part that got into a scuffle with a rock. **** happens.

Mode switch, manually straighten, light em up!!

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

I'm a guy that will usually call bull **** on people's horsepower rating or at least what they claim. this mutha flipper looked like it was wanting to ride wheelies across that Boulder field, why would anyone fault anyone for a rock taking out that cylinder during such a show of horsepower.

Elliott said:
I'm a guy that will usually call bull **** on people's horsepower rating or at least what they claim. this mutha flipper looked like it was wanting to ride wheelies across that Boulder field, why would anyone fault anyone for a rock taking out that cylinder during such a show of horsepower.

Exactly.

The rear axle housing in WFO is blasted from rock/gravel spray off the front tires. Richie's motor makes over 200 more HP than WFO, I can't imagine how rowdy that is because WFO is an absolute handful when it's wound up.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

Since the Deere didnt fair to well in the sand, maybe it will fair better in the mountains.... like at AOP on the Bounty Hill........

crawlin85cj said:
It's awesome to see a hard working, successful guy pair up with a hard working and successful shop to create something really damn cool. THAT is the American way!

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

true that!

Like stated above there was very few teams that finished. **** is going to happen & break in a race like that no matter how good you build it look at all the IFS a arms that were broke in half those are insane $$$ front ends that shouldn't break! So with that being said no matter who builds it **** is going to break & go wrong in a race like that. But I would love for Richie to post up and say weather the buggy work better this time or last time because that would settle a lot because I didn't see where it was posted that WOD said because they were re doing it they were going to make a good finish at KOH. It said they were going to address the problems with the buggy that needed addressed. Like said above everyone will have there opinion.