• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pocket knife

pplblazerdude

YESUMM
So I carry a pocket knife every day no matter what I am doing. I have always been a huge spyderco fan but my recent spyderco has left me a little let down. I got a endura with the flat grind and I can not for the life of me get it sharp and keep it sharp. So my question is, Does anyone have experience with flat ground spyderco knifes and if so any tips on sharpening them? Also what does everyone carry for their EDC knife?

Re:

I'm a Kershaw fan but I don't really care as long as it has the tit on the back to open the blade because I have zero nails. Don't care much for assisted(spring loaded)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of Klein knives...I'm a electric lineman and use the hell out of it on a Daily basis ....I use a course stone when the blade gets in bad shape with just a bit of oil on the stone....

If you're just looking for something that is cheap, easy to carry, and can be abused, this is what I carry daily:

http://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Exchange-a-Blade/EAB-Pocket-Knife_22-41830

I've carried lots of other stuff and I love this because I don't feel bad about abusing blades. 5 years ago I gave some of these to my groomsmen as part of their gifts and some of them still carry them to this day.

I know it's not a big robust blade, so it's no good fry prying really. But for every day utility I love it. It can serve as a money clip as well.

Re:

I carry the EAB Lite and just recently replaced by lost CRKT with the M16-10KZ... I feel naked without a good knife

Re:

Rokcrler said:
I carry the EAB Lite and just recently replaced by lost CRKT with the M16-10KZ... I feel naked without a good knife

I'm actually carrying the EAB Lite right now. But I like the way the EAB fits my hand better. When I get rid of the Lite I'm going back to the standard.

I love this knife so much that, for a little while I couldn't find them in stores. I heard a rumor that they stopped making them so I went on eBay and bought 5 at once.

Re: Re: Pocket knife

TBItoy said:
That's like saying a Colt single action army is a good EDC pistol.

Maybe 125 years ago.

I will agree but I really love how easy it is to sharpen and keep a edge on carbon steel but am old school on stuff like that. I would much rather shoot a 1911 than the New striker fired jobs.

I had a Spyderco and I couldnt keep it sharp, switched back to a Kershaw Leek now carry an Emerson designed Kershaw. No issues with any of them. There's a Leek laying around the waterfall at Hale.....

TBItoy said:
That's like saying a Colt single action army is a good EDC pistol.

Maybe 125 years ago.

HA! Side note do you know how much them stupid things are going for now? It's crazy. We cant even get any to distribute. We've had 1 this whole year.

Re: Re: Pocket knife

86chevota said:
I will agree but I really love how easy it is to sharpen and keep a edge on carbon steel but am old school on stuff like that. I would much rather shoot a 1911 than the New striker fired jobs.

That's ok not everyone can handle the perfection of a Glock :stir: :stir:

A Benchmade auto when I'm wearin loose britches ... and an assisted Kershaw when I've got less room in my pocket.

I like and collect Queen knives carry one most days but also the Leatherman is usually with me too and is very handy

Rokcrler said:

I also carry the CRKT M16-10KZ. I love the knife. Bought a few a couple years ago as Christmas presents and kept one for myself. Like it so much that I bought 2 more just to keep for backups. They are quality knifes at a good price. I buy them off amazon or ebay for no more than $25. I have seen them in gun shops for $45-$50.

I like the leatherman skeletool.... I like it over the gerber because u dont hav to open the tool to get the knife blade out. Very thin compared to all the othe multi tools out there.

customfab said:
I like the leatherman skeletool.... I like it over the gerber because u dont hav to open the tool to get the knife blade out. Very thin compared to all the othe multi tools out there.

1976 or a 1978 cant remember. Case Stockman. Found it at a golf course when I was 16. The wide blade is perfect for skinning cable. Carbon Steel blade.

Latest posts