• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

We all were lookin forward to roll, er.....wheel with ya again!!!:redneck: Maybe next time!!! We gotta head your way and hit some trail next spring/summer.....

Been getting a little done. Picked up these nice led lights for turn signals. The only problem was finding a center for the pilot of the holesaw:eeek: So I used a larger holesaw and made a couple of large discs to cover the factory holes. Screwed them to the grill after centering the pilot hole in the center of the existing hole and then drilled out with the right size holesaw using the existing pilot hole for a guide. Worked pretty slick and the light fit nicely.

Attachments

• g1.JPG
    g1.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 383
  • g2.JPG
    g2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 382
  • g3.JPG
    g3.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 382
  • g4.JPG
    g4.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 381
  • g6.JPG
    g6.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 372
Also got the radiator mounted up after Troy was nice enough to move the lower inlet hose over a couple of inches so now the fan wont hit the hose:cheer: Tight fit but I think it will work.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 371
  • rad1.JPG
    rad1.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 376
  • rad2.JPG
    rad2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 380
heres what I got done this weekend. I have been trying to get everything mounted where it will go so that I dont have to drill to many holes or do any more welding once the paint is done. I finaly got the welder mounted up. Found a nice dry spot where the glovebox used to be Also got the 160 amp alternator installed. Hacked out the rear wheel wells so the TJ flares would fit. These make a nice fit with the 35s. Got the grill back on and the lights mounted. Found out the H4s are a little deeper than standard bulbs so I had to relocate the wiring a little bit Got tired of having all of the plumbing for the OBA tank (using a air compressor type regulator) So I got a Kilby type preasure switch and made up a manifold for all of the fittings. The tank will be going under the passenger seat.

Attachments

• welder1.jpg
    welder1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 336
  • alt.JPG
    alt.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 335
  • rearfender1.JPG
    rearfender1.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 333
  • headlights.JPG
    headlights.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 334
  • headlight.JPG
    headlight.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 333
Coming right along!!!:awesomework: Notice the spacing between the front turn signal bulb and the rubber on the backside where the wiring is? Shove that light in til the front is flush with the rubber ( you don't have 'em in deep enough!!!:redneck: ):D There's a reason they call 'em 'flush-mounts!!!:haha:

Coming right along!!!:awesomework: Notice the spacing between the front turn signal bulb and the rubber on the backside where the wiring is? Shove that light in til the front is flush with the rubber ( you don't have 'em in deep enough!!!:redneck: ):D There's a reason they call 'em 'flush-mounts!!!:haha:

jeeze put away the microscope:haha: I didnt push em in all the way since their coming back out to paint:haha:

OK since I had to tear the front axle back down to remove the lockright and put in the detroit I thought why not upgrade the axle joints. Thanks to Bobby it was somewhat afordable so here they are Thanks again Bobby:cheer:

Attachments

• ujoints.JPG
    ujoints.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 327
  • axles.JPG
    axles.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 329
Cool jim. are you working much? I need to stop by and hang with ya, its been a while again. Maybe monday. What color are you gonna go with? Is your steering still pink? I think it would look good silver. Are you using that same kind of paint tankota used? what was that stuff called? It should turn out nice. :cheer:

Latest posts