• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

pokey

just me
Ok, the jeep was going to get a new body this winter but since I am still collecting hard to find decent flatfender parts I decided to just make some changes for now. Starting with some tube fenders. No fair picking on my welds because right upfront I will say I am a crappy welder (but good with a grinder and sanding):booo: soon to come will be new high steer (thanks nuzzy:clappy: ) new 4" lift springs New body mounts (get rid of the bent jeep look) New hydraulic clutch new seats and some more odds and ends:cheer:

Attachments

• right fender.JPG
    right fender.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,718
  • left fender.JPG
    left fender.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,706
  • main tube.JPG
    main tube.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,711
  • front attach.JPG
    front attach.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,717
  • rear attach.jpg
    rear attach.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,706
Nuzzy said:
Hooray for progress :cheer:

Yea its been wheeling just fine but looking real sad. just time to take some time and get some stuff done. are you doing anything for fenders on yours? or just the hood

pokey said:
are you doing anything for fenders on yours? or just the hood

Nope, no fenders on mine. But I've already conceaded that in no way shape or form will mine be even remotely street legal :mad: :redneck:

Looks good jim but I still think it looks like your grill is higher than it should be. Can that be fixed? What springs are you replacing with 4in lifts? arent you soa front and rear? Talk to pbmcaufie on here about seats he sells some nice ones. Now we just need to build protection for those mufflers that hang down. Then we can do a 1in body lift or so and get you some 36in iroks. Those 33s are way too small

JIM.. you using PIPE :wtf:

AND 90 degree elbows???

Dude we gotta talk......

Last edited:
JPFREAK said:
Did you replace the body mounts before starting on the fenders?

Since when have I done things in the right order:booo: but thats why its just tacked together for now.

pokey said:
oh he understands all right:hi:

Oh I have bent a bit of shitter pipe in my old school days,,, but ya got me on the 90 degree elbows... do you thread those before welding :haha: :haha: :haha:

Roccrawler said:
Oh I have bent a bit of shitter pipe in my old school days,,, but ya got me on the 90 degree elbows... do you thread those before welding :haha: :haha: :haha:

Didnt think about threading them I just used some glue:clappy:

btw its .120 wall tubing

well the ticket says 20' 1 1/2 x .120 wall and at $3.00 per foot I hope its not pipe and if it was pipe it would have fit in my bender and I wouldnt have had to use those bends. Not that I care anyway their just fenders and will most likely only be on the jeep for this coming year. Or at least when I get all my parts together for the body swap.

Latest posts