• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pokeys rebuild

my rear axels showed up yesterday.... push push poke....

i still have a couple weeks of work left. but get yours done so we can all go cruise some forest roads.:corn:

my rear axels showed up yesterday.... push push poke....

i still have a couple weeks of work left. but get yours done so we can all go cruise some forest roads.:corn:

Evans will be open in a couple of weeks. Of course with the amount of snow it just may be roads that are usable.

Good to see you are making progress. now is the passenger seat strong enough for me? since I never wheel anymore, i need to convince someone to haul me around.

Good to see you are making progress. now is the passenger seat strong enough for me? since I never wheel anymore, i need to convince someone to haul me around.

yes , yes it is. The beards are even the wide yersion so yes you will fit :haha:

Done yet????:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley::haha:
:kissmyass:
Finished with most of the in dash wiring and everything seems to work. Motor cranks over but no gas in the tank (try that tomorrow) need to figure out a way to make the aux high beams come on with out loosing the headlights( might just need to loose the dimmer switch and put the "high beams" on a toggle sw.)

Finished with most of the in dash wiring and everything seems to work. Motor cranks over but no gas in the tank (try that tomorrow) need to figure out a way to make the aux high beams come on with out loosing the headlights( might just need to loose the dimmer switch and put the "high beams" on a toggle sw.)

:awesomework:

Its alive

Its alive again :cheer: Finished getting the ignition changed over to the HEI ut a little gas in it and it fired right up :cheer: Not bad for not running for a couple of years:booo: I will get things cleaned up and buttoned up this weekend and off it goes to get the exhaust done early next week. Even managed to get the lights working :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLGntyZTSaM

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 242
I really hate bootyfabbing things but I did it anyway. Made up a tunnel cover from a semi sized mudflap:haha: I will be having a sheetmetal one made later but right now I just want this pig done.

no jim no!!! dont rush it man. haha sounds great. just dont have the dang exhaust go under the frame again haha. that was a long time ago huh. keep up the good work. the dash looks sweet, and so does the dual shocks. :awesomework:

Got a few things done tonight. Finished up my bootyfab floor, Got the aux. gas tank mounted under the drivers seat and got the seats and belt in and done. Found this cool little battery cover for the optima a while back. Should work good at protecting the battery from anything that gets tossed on the floor. Bonus is the start battery is accessible with the seat moved back :cheer:

Attachments

• its alive 014.jpg
    its alive 014.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 303
  • its alive 017.jpg
    its alive 017.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 308
  • its alive 018.jpg
    its alive 018.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 315
  • its alive 020.jpg
    its alive 020.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 307
Spent the day with the wife so did'nt get much done. Did however get the bikini top on and the battery tender hard wired in for the start battery. Got the mudflaps installed after making some new brackets. I was able to re-use the ones from the old CJ. also got the lic plate mounted on the rear out of harms way.

Attachments

• charge.jpg
    charge.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 262
  • dflap.jpg
    dflap.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 262
  • pflap.jpg
    pflap.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 258
Exciting morning for me :cheer: First, installed the HEI dist and it works great. Slight issue with the size of it though now the aircleaner wont fit. So I ordered this offset base and now the nice 14" K&N filter I had fits nicely. So I drove it out of the shop under its own power this morning and onto the trailer for a trip to the exhause shop :cheer: I forgot how much grass dosent like detroits :haha: heres a couple of poser shots as well.

Attachments

• dists.jpg
    dists.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 237
  • acs.jpg
    acs.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 233
  • outs.jpg
    outs.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 238
  • fronts.jpg
    fronts.jpg