• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ponder this------Damn Dodge

I just think the cold water and mud killed it prematurely. Replacement CATs are very low quility these days. It just got pissed and plugged up.:awesomework:

That's entirely possible. I've never ran a cat on a wheelin' rig.

It'd be easy to test at any shop. Any modern computer or scanner can run diagnosis. If the operating temp is OK, and the lean / rich mixture is OK, throttle position seems OK, then you can hypothesize that it was a poor quality cat to begin with. However my first instinct is that one of the sensors is out of spec. Perhaps the O2.

IIRC, You will need to do live data scan. I recall mopar on the 5.2 using two temp sensors:awesomework: atleast the last one I worked on (older model).

Thats all the help I can be.

What kind of tech is that?? Thanks for nothing.

Give em a inch, they will take a mile.

Do you have to do emission tests? If so try a test pipe(flanged pipe to eliminate the cat) to see if it will pass emissions. Thats where i would start.

Do you have to do emission tests? If so try a test pipe(flanged pipe to eliminate the cat) to see if it will pass emissions. Thats where i would start.

I have many friends with no cats and their rigs passed smog with flying colors:awesomework:

Your rig has to really run like ass to not pass, a fuel injected rig that is.

This is in Washington that is, some states go through your rig with a fawkin fine tooth comb.

I would hollow cat and fix what was causing problems.:awesomework:

my $.02 of help:redneck:

I have many friends with no cats and their rigs passed smog with flying colors:awesomework:

Your rig has to really run like ass to not pass, a fuel injected rig that is.

This is in Washington that is, some states go through your rig with a fawkin fine tooth comb.

I would hollow cat and fix what was causing problems.:awesomework:

my $.02 of help:redneck:

I was trying to throw a subtle hint, But you made it plenty obvious what i was thinking.

Nope no SMOG testing over here in Central Washington. So yes I could get away with gutting my Cat. And yes I am thinking about doing just that. And then of course once I did I would take it to a shop that has the tools to diagnos what is wrong with my engine to make it run like it has.