• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a invite from Dave Cole to have Chris be driver of record and start or finish the race in the car. He started I jumped out at mile 12 or something BFG pits. His guy Bernie got in and raced for 50 or so miles where I got in and my co driver Adam got in. We raced to 13th place where our charging system died at mile 115 but finished through after the 10pm limit to the finish. A little closer every year. Our team has an outstanding ability to overcome outstanding odds doing rod bearings and ring and pinions before we ever knew we were in the race. It was an amazing week non of us will forget.

Um Larry thanks for downplaying my driving, or my teams portion of making this happen.

I drove the car to mile 77 and got out after passing a **** load of cars and handed off a 100% race ready car.... Then Larry got in.

Pretty sure I heard you got towed to the finish line. Nice try. At least tell the truth. :corn:

thanks for letting me race your car Larry, but you still got a lot to learn imo. :beer:

I wasn't quite sure how far you raced to Chris and did not mean to downplay ya man. I appreciate getting the chance to race KOH this year. If you want to tell me what I have to learn you have my number and can call me. We hiked in with a battery and I drove the buggy back to the finish line that night. We looked for you and your guys but I did not know where your camp was. Thanks again. Good luck in the Ultra 4 series:awesomework:

Both of you guys arguing--and neither of you finished... Kinda funny don't ya think?

This all sounds like BS to me.

Pook, you were handed an entry without even qualifying and didn't even appreciate it enough to get your car ready. You were the handed the awesome opportunity to drive a very well prepared car and didn't even appreciate it enough to stick with them until the end of the race. Now you are hoping you will be permitted to run Ultra4 even though you know it is a 1 car 1 driver series.

Maybe Jeff and Dave will once again give you a handout but if not I'll be damned if I was Gipson that I would ever help you again.

Be a man and show some appreciation. You owe Gipson a huge debt not a bunch of smack talking.

This all sounds like BS to me.

Pook, you were handed an entry without even qualifying and didn't even appreciate it enough to get your car ready. You were the handed the awesome opportunity to drive a very well prepared car and didn't even appreciate it enough to stick with them until the end of the race. Now you are hoping you will be permitted to run Ultra4 even though you know it is a 1 car 1 driver series.

Maybe Jeff and Dave will once again give you a handout but if not I'll be damned if I was Gipson that I would ever help you again.

Be a man and show some appreciation. You owe Gipson a huge debt not a bunch of smack talking.

I wasn't going to get into this...but some stuff needs to be said.

my idea of well prepared and yours must be different. :awesomework:

I owe Larry nothing but the appreciation of him letting me race his car. He himself needed my spot in the race as much as I needed a car to race. Seems pretty balanced as far as "appreciation" is concerned.

I also put $1000 into just crossing the starting line on this little deal it wasn't free.

Berne's crew helped prepped his car the night before the race and along with Larry's guys made sure it got through the pits in good order. It still needs some changes IMO and I will be talking to Larry about it...I'd like to see him get his finish one of these days.

As far as sticking it through to the end of the race. Be nice if Larry didn't turn off the race radio so the chase crews (which I was part of once I got out of the car) knew were the hell he was, he could of stopped at the pits like he was supposed to and if not, could of let the people standing there waiting know what is going on before just blowing through, the car needed to stop at every pit. Everything was coming loose and at every previous pit it needed to be gone over and retightend.

When we found out he turned off the radio, the chase crews moral dropped, what are they supposed to do? They are just as important part of the equation as the driver/codriver and race car without them there is no race.

We waited for another 3-4 hours at main pit for him to cross the finish line. he never showed. We waited on the radio the whole time, finally getting some info out of BFG relay as to the fact they were broken somewhere near the bottom of Jack. We could of had crew waiting at wrecking ball pit still with everything they needed to get going if any of the crew knew what was going on. After eating nothing all day and only having 2 hours sleep in the past 48 hours, 30 cars crossing the finish line and larry's own crew saying they'd go get him, I said that I had to go eat and get some sleep and to let us know what was happening when things got figured out.

As far as my car goes I pulled out all the stops to get the new car done, financially and time wise. Unfortunetly I have a job and Business to run as well and **** happens we had some **** ups beyond our own control that put us behind time. Not the first person in racing history to have this happen and I won't be the last.

Ultra4 is not a 1 car 1 driver series. The GrandSlam series is.

Ultra4 is a class of car running in numerous events, BITD, Endurance Challenge, Hill Climb and a bunch of other series....with more to come.

I'm not arguing...it just would of been nice if Larry showed some appreciation online in my direction. Or could of contacted me and we could of done a press release together and spun this whole thing in a good way. :beer:

Last edited:
:corn:

I'm going to try to stay out of this arguing on the internet stuff......

:awesomework:

:corn:

I'm going to try to stay out of this arguing on the internet stuff......

:awesomework:

good stance B on this one. :awesomework:

Though I have to add, KOH2011 is still to soon to go through that abuse again.

But I have to say, 3 cars racing in KOH raced the weekend before, 1 car going 27 miles, 1 car making it 210 or so, and 1 finishing all 300 miles, winning the clas and pacing 14th overall! and 5 day's later 2 of those 3 cars' finished KOH! 1 just a little over time limit, but finished every mile! I finished in time, for 33rd overall, with no lockers and the same trophy truck hard compound 37's. 33rd's not a great finish. but it's what I intended to do when i left the starting line. FINISH! Concidering I was not going to be driving until 2 day's before the race, It came as a suprise to me that I would even get in the race.

Larry, if your car needed work every pit, then your car and team have a long way's to go. And if you turned the radio off, you are not a team player. Open communicatins with everyone who spent there time, money, vacation, blood, sweat, tears, etc to go to JV and support you, that is one of the two single biggest bitch slap's you could have done to them. Not only is it unprofessional, but it's just plain retarded.

I raced the same unprepped car in KOH that i won parker with 5 day's earlier. And have taken the same, unprepped car, after fixing the ARB issue, and gone wheeling twice, and put roughly 40 more high speed miles on since getting home. Car needs some TLC, but could go run KOH again as it sit's, unprepped, and finish it in the time limit.

That is what a car should be.

Our car's are the same age, mine just doesn't get photo's taken of it posed with myself and a pet in them all the time. it's to busy racing! working bug's out, refining things, and making it a winning car.

just sayin :awesomework:

good stance B on this one. :awesomework:

Though I have to add, KOH2011 is still to soon to go through that abuse again.

But I have to say, 3 cars racing in KOH raced the weekend before, 1 car going 27 miles, 1 car making it 210 or so, and 1 finishing all 300 miles, winning the clas and pacing 14th overall! and 5 day's later 2 of those 3 cars' finished KOH! 1 just a little over time limit, but finished every mile! I finished in time, for 33rd overall, with no lockers and the same trophy truck hard compound 37's. 33rd's not a great finish. but it's what I intended to do when i left the starting line. FINISH! Concidering I was not going to be driving until 2 day's before the race, It came as a suprise to me that I would even get in the race.

Larry, if your car needed work every pit, then your car and team have a long way's to go. And if you turned the radio off, you are not a team player. Open communicatins with everyone who spent there time, money, vacation, blood, sweat, tears, etc to go to JV and support you, that is one of the two single biggest bitch slap's you could have done to them. Not only is it unprofessional, but it's just plain retarded.

I raced the same unprepped car in KOH that i won parker with 5 day's earlier. And have taken the same, unprepped car, after fixing the ARB issue, and gone wheeling twice, and put roughly 40 more high speed miles on since getting home. Car needs some TLC, but could go run KOH again as it sit's, unprepped, and finish it in the time limit.

That is what a car should be.

Our car's are the same age, mine just doesn't get photo's taken of it posed with myself and a pet in them all the time. it's to busy racing! working bug's out, refining things, and making it a winning car.

MEH! :rolleyes: your just a racer....... Racers ARE the part.... not "trying" to BE the part.... you need to get a photo shoot dave... and a dog... so you can work on that "Image" and really be something. :;

Larry, if your car needed work every pit, then your car and team have a long way's to go.

and this....

And if you turned the radio off, you are not a team player.

+

that is one of the two single biggest bitch slap's you could have done to them. Not only is it unprofessional, but it's just plain retarded.

I/We tried, and I think for the most part, succeeded.....in making the most of the situation. Larry's car has some decent parts in it, and actually gets around pretty dang good. A little more attention to some details, and a Fastenal catalog worth of all-metal-lock-nuts, and it could be a competitive racecar. In the first 78 miles, we must have spent.....what....30 minutes in the pits (if not twice that, I'm not sure).....mostly just re-tightening bolts and keeping things from falling off.

That is my constructive.....trying-to-avoid-drama post of the day.

:cheer:

--B

MEH! :rolleyes: your just a racer....... Racers ARE the part.... not "trying" to BE the part.... you need to get a photo shoot dave... and a dog... so you can work on that "Image" and really be something. :;

Meh. I'm alergic to pet dander. But thanks anyhow. 'd rather have photographer's take picture's of me, in my car, actually racing it at a race. It seems weird I know.

But I guess my ego's just to small in my old age to give a ****...

I just took my "Tim Piele is a Douchebag" sticker and replaced the name with Gibson Racing.

:kissmyass:

I wasn't going to get into this...but some stuff needs to be said.

my idea of well prepared and yours must be different. :awesomework:

I owe Larry nothing but the appreciation of him letting me race his car. He himself needed my spot in the race as much as I needed a car to race. Seems pretty balanced as far as "appreciation" is concerned.

I also put $1000 into just crossing the starting line on this little deal it wasn't free.

Berne's crew helped prepped his car the night before the race and along with Larry's guys made sure it got through the pits in good order. It still needs some changes IMO and I will be talking to Larry about it...I'd like to see him get his finish one of these days.

As far as sticking it through to the end of the race. Be nice if Larry didn't turn off the race radio so the chase crews (which I was part of once I got out of the car) knew were the hell he was, he could of stopped at the pits like he was supposed to and if not, could of let the people standing there waiting know what is going on before just blowing through, the car needed to stop at every pit. Everything was coming loose and at every previous pit it needed to be gone over and retightend.

When we found out he turned off the radio, the chase crews moral dropped, what are they supposed to do? They are just as important part of the equation as the driver/codriver and race car without them there is no race.

We waited for another 3-4 hours at main pit for him to cross the finish line. he never showed. We waited on the radio the whole time, finally getting some info out of BFG relay as to the fact they were broken somewhere near the bottom of Jack. We could of had crew waiting at wrecking ball pit still with everything they needed to get going if any of the crew knew what was going on. After eating nothing all day and only having 2 hours sleep in the past 48 hours, 30 cars crossing the finish line and larry's own crew saying they'd go get him, I said that I had to go eat and get some sleep and to let us know what was happening when things got figured out.

As far as my car goes I pulled out all the stops to get the new car done, financially and time wise. Unfortunetly I have a job and Business to run as well and **** happens we had some **** ups beyond our own control that put us behind time. Not the first person in racing history to have this happen and I won't be the last.

Ultra4 is not a 1 car 1 driver series. The GrandSlam series is.

Ultra4 is a class of car running in numerous events, BITD, Endurance Challenge, Hill Climb and a bunch of other series....with more to come.

I'm not arguing...it just would of been nice if Larry showed some appreciation online in my direction. Or could of contacted me and we could of done a press release together and spun this whole thing in a good way. :beer:

I did call you and you were still down there wheelin. You said you would contact me when you got home. Why don't you do it now? Why don't you come to the swap meet with us. Any of you that want to come to the swap meet and tell me what a terrible team player I am and how I do not belong in this sport please feel free to do so. Every person that worked on our team belongs here and are hands down the best crew I have ever met. Everybody did their best to make it happen. My crew Chief Steve Holice deserves the most credit for hauling us down there and keeping the car running including rod bearings which held together the whole race.

AS FAR AS THE damn radio thing goes. You guys weren't out there and have no idea. We could not transmit. All I kept hearing was a LOUD static sound no words clear in my ears while I was trying to go through rock trails. I had Adam turn it down and when we broke I got on the radio and tryed to reach our team with no luck. There is nothing left to say about it. See you all at the swap meet with my broken and dirty truck. Its not a show truck its a race truck. I am not a model I am a race truck driver. keep my damn dog out of your web fantasy conversations.:awesomework:

I didn't get home till the Thursday/Friday the following week, didn't really have any cell reception on the lake bed at all and came home to some messed up family **** that I'm still dealing with. Sorry i didn't call as soon as I got in the door...but you also got my #. but I'm sure your press release could of waited a week and bit so we could of colaborated on it and got a good one out there that would of been good for us both.

The bottom line is I've got no beef or bitch with you Larry. You do your thing your way...I do things my way some of our ideas are different but we are both out there to have fun :awesomework: .

I appreciate getting a car to race, as I'm sure you appreciate getting a spot in the race. I wish you much luck in your future races and hope to get a chance to race you in the not to distant future. If you need a tool or a spare at a race come on by my pit...

Sorry I got drawn into the internet drama. :beer:

Thats not your EGO....

:fawkdancesmiley:
He does carry a big stick though:fawkdancesmiley:
Congratulations to you Dave for finishing the race.
You have come a long way.:awesomework:

He does carry a big stick though:fawkdancesmiley:
Congratulations to you Dave for finishing the race.
You have come a long way.:awesomework:

It seems just like yesterday--guys were hopping on his hood :haha:

You should probably change the transmission fluid before you go. It got up to like 300F after the epoxy that was holding the fan motor to the shroud let go. :awesomework:

Also true.....and buy whoever built that tranny a :beer:

fawker never slipped at all, and the burns on both my hands still haven't healed from fawking w/ that cooler.....it was HOT...

--B

Status
Not open for further replies.