• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Portable generatorv

jangel

I have a 2000 watt generator from Costco with a Yamaha motor. Started it a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine. Now the dam thing won't start. Dumped the gas and started with fresh gas, but nothing. Checked to make sure that I'm getting gas at the carb, have spark, but still nothing. Will fire sometimes with starter fluid, but now always. Is there anything special on these things that I'm missing?

I have a 2000 watt generator from Costco with a Yamaha motor. Started it a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine. Now the dam thing won't start. Dumped the gas and started with fresh gas, but nothing. Checked to make sure that I'm getting gas at the carb, have spark, but still nothing. Will fire sometimes with starter fluid, but now always. Is there anything special on these things that I'm missing?

Oil ? Many have a cut off switch if the oil gets low

what pokey said was my first thought,2nd is that sometimes the ethanol in the garbage we get from the pump likes to eat fuel line,and cause all sorts of havok inside carbs.

can you drain the float bowl(new ones usually have a single nut on the bottom of the bowl) and catch that fuel and make sure there is no water.

Use treated fuel in ALL small engines. For the above mentioned crap fuel reason.

I dump STABILZ in every-time I fill my portable gas cans, and it goes in the tanks of the rigs I have parked most of the time as well. Seems to help.

Not low on oil and I did remove the float bowl to check for water and see if it was full of scum from the ethanol. No water and clean fuel bowl. Going to pick up a new spark plug and try and get the carb off to see if something small got in there.

Of the 2 times I've worked on generators that wouldn't start... both times it was clogged carb jets. Blew them out and the generators started right up.

Yup, pull the carb. The holes in the pilot jet are tiny and that varnish will plug them very quickly. It's the only recurring issue we have with our pile of EU2000i Hondas.

Got the carb out last night and looks like a clogged jet, but it got late and ran out of energy and carb cleaner. I'll get it back together tonight and it should be ok.

HOS I'll give you something to start.:flipoff: