• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

power steering on a 80 toyota

bobbed80yota

so i got no power steering on my 80 toyota and i want to know how can i get power steering in my truck when i got the truck it came with a full power steering setup i looked at it and its not a direct bolt on it looks like i would have to weld a bracket on the frame can any one help me :redneck:

Last edited:
If you have the money I would get a high steer kit and a ifs box just cause if you are serios about getting into wheeling you will do it eventually anywase. Now I do believe it is the same mount. That box should mount derictly to the plate the other one is mounted on. Do u have a pump?

It should be a bolt-on....or the power steering box has a bracket that bolts in place of the manual box bracket...

You shouldnt have to do anthing to the frame. Unless you get an ifs box and a hysteer kit then you plate the frame brace it then drill new holes

that steering box you are showing in the first pick is an IFS box that you use on a hy-steer or X-over steer setup, there are aftermarket brackets that weld onto your frame to mount it, available from Marlin Crawler, Trail-gear, and All-pro but it will not straight across replace your non-power steering box

Latest posts