• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Powerline Park Videos, SRRS

Don't get me wrong I like watching all the videos but here lately it's been more straight up hill climbing than there is rocks. :dunno:

Maybe they should change the name to Southern Hill Racing Series instead of Rock .

Great job on Videos as always Cole!

B.DRAKE said:
Don't get me wrong watching all the videos but here lately it's been more straight up hill climbing than there is rocks. :dunno:

Maybe they should change the name to Southern Hill Racing Series instead of Rock .

If dune buggies were allowed, they could win most of the events. They should get back to rock racing.

B.DRAKE said:
Don't get me wrong watching all the videos but here lately it's been more straight up hill climbing than there is rocks. :dunno:

I agree it appears to have gotten away from orginal type of racing. It also seems like they are trying to get more of a fan base by going to areas where there aren't many rockcrawlers
I completely see why for monetary reasons. I guess what I am saying is I like watching them rock bounce.

Re:

I haven't been to PowerLine park before but if it's like a lot of places in Ohio we could use some bouncers clearing the dirt off. There's rocks here but we just don't have as many people riding to wear it down. Some of our small local parks you can start seeing rocks really coming through in certain obstacles as the years go on.

I would rather film them climbing steep slick hills than bolder bashing. People like to hear the engines and the big hills are what the drivers enjoy. If it was up to Bobby Tanner, Richie Keith and TC they would climb stuff like ShowTime hill every race.

Re: Re: Powerline Park Videos, SRRS

B.DRAKE said:
Don't get me wrong I like watching all the videos but here lately it's been more straight up hill climbing than there is rocks. :dunno:

85toyo said:
If dune buggies were allowed, they could win most of the events. They should get back to rock racing.

Does anyone race chain drive rails anymore?

I think SRRS is sort of doing the same thing that Ultra4 is doing with a lot of their races. Ultra4 started as long distance endurance rock racing... Now basically all their races minus KOH are desert racing.

Cole said:
I would rather film them climbing steep slick hills than bolder bashing. People like to hear the engines and the big hills are what the drivers enjoy. If it was up to Bobby Tanner, Richie Keith and TC they would climb stuff like ShowTime hill every race.

I almost quit racing the series last year because it was not fun to me. I totally agree with cole and I challenge you to come to showtime hill and get shoulder to shoulder with all the fans at the base of the hill. when one of the drivers straps in and pulls his harnesses down tight pay attention to the crowd, they are super excited to see what is fixing to happened, then I think you might change your mind. I am not hating because without you watching our sport it would not exist. thanks

Dang, I hope Bobby has a good chiropractor, you know everytime he straps in its going to be WFO.

I love the direction the sport is going... My goal is to race next year, but if all I'm doing every weekend is bashing rocks and breaking that isn't fun to me... I love hills, and I hope the sport keeps going in the same direction. Thanks Cole for all that you do for our sport, keep up the good work!

dynajeep said:
My goal is to race next year, but if all I'm doing every weekend is bashing rocks and breaking that isn't fun to me...

If you watch many of Cole's video you probably know these guys destroy their rigs pretty regular, even when they aren't "bashing rocks". Hopefully you aren't under the impression you won't break on the long dirt hills especially if you start racing. Even the most technologically advanced and well built rigs break. My pos would break in half driving by these hills.

I feel it has lost a little something getting away from the more rocky courses. The hill climbs are cool for an occasional watch but I'd much rather watch courses with rocks.

plow boy said:
I almost quit racing the series last year because it was not fun to me. I totally agree with cole and I challenge you to come to showtime hill and get shoulder to shoulder with all the fans at the base of the hill. when one of the drivers straps in and pulls his harnesses down tight pay attention to the crowd, they are super excited to see what is fixing to happened, then I think you might change your mind. I am not hating because without you watching our sport it would not exist. thanks

you might be right, but many of us feel differently. I can't watch more than a vid or two and I get bored. jmo, but the same run over and over with many people breaking, rolling , etc, doesn't excite me enough to make the trip to go watch one.

I appreciate the hard work Cole and the rest put into entertaining us and I can also appreciate some of the talented drivers out there, but it just doesn't do it for me

no bitching here, jmo.

carry on :)

AJ- in order to be competitive you're gonna have to be balls out and that means a higher rate of breakage (as you know). might be wrenching more than you think.

personally- I'd rather race u4 type stuff (which I plan to do a couple sportsman class races) and more of the challenges like we did in Michigan.

I love the direction this sport is going with the ability to let the motors sing and tires spin. I do hate.... that my buggy has been done this whole year but is finally back to start running again. I can't wait to get strapped back in and get down and dirty. WAY TO GO GUYS. Great videos Cole... :dblthumb:

Elliott said:
Are they fans or spectators?

They are fans, spectators, all the above.. everybody has a favorite driver. I enjoy watching as much as I like participating, so I consider myself a fan, spectator, all the above. trying to twist my words around making it sound like everybody was there to watch a few of us is absolutely WRONG. This is why that most of us do not get on or say anything on hardline anymore is because of people that live to start drauma exist.

Richie, there will always be drama. can't keep everyone happy.

maybe people like you SHOULD be on forums more often so the normal joe can hear your opinions. you're quite popular in the offroad world and I'm sure many people follow you (both on the internet and from race to race).

I understand maybe not having a ton of free time, but..........

just wanted to toss out a couple thoughts.

stay safe and maybe we'll see each other on the trails sometime