• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Powerline Park Videos, SRRS

I didn't try to start any drama or twist anything that was said. I just asked a question.

Thanks for all of the input. We run a variety of courses that keeps the drivers on their game and variety of locations for spectators to get a chance to see these guys. Lots of new people see it live for the first time at every new park we visit after watching it online for years. We opened at GrayRock this year and there wasn't much dirt on those courses. We will have more rock courses before the year is over. We always continue to listen.

I myself respect watching someone actually DRIVING their buggy, I feel like just about anyone can strap in hold it wide open and hope it stays straight! :****:

Just my .02, maybe I'm just old school? :dunno:

Batmobile Will said:
Both they are a lot of fan and spectators I know I have at least 10 people message me before every race to make sure I'm going to be there . That they are big fans and can't wait to see my homemade buggy !!!! I know I'm a BIG fan of Bobby Richie and Dale for sure and Jake is moving up the list can't wait tell next race to watch them guys :driving:

Now that was a legit answer. Thanks

Pretty soon theyll just be making a bunch of right hand turns...

I agree...lets see a few rocks in there...otherwise I'd rather watch some Norwegian formula off road. At least they know what a steep hill is.

clemsonjeep said:

I agree...lets see a few rocks in there...otherwise I'd rather watch some Norwegian formula off road. At least they know what a steep hill is.
Man your dam right about that.!! Shits nuts! Of course loooong sand hills suck to watch compared to a buncha huge rocks destroying everything! Bet it's fun to be the driver Tho!! I guess wat Im really saying is.. Well it's already been said by my #1 driver ... BAT man ,
Batmobile Will said:
Both they are a lot of fan and spectators I know I have at least 10 people message me before every race to make sure I'm going to be there . That they are big fans and can't wait to see my homemade buggy !!!! I know I'm a BIG fan of Bobby Richie and Dale for sure and Jake is moving up the list can't wait tell next race to watch them guys :driving:
Jesus, please someone shoot me for even reading that.
#putdowntheglasspipeforfawkssake

I agree. Those are dune buggy hills, but as long as the series mixes up the terrain over the season, I see no harm. :JRich:

Great videos as usual, I always look forward to them. Don't get me wrong, I know the racers do it for $, fame and fun. But I appreciate what they put in this sport for our entertainment. Especially for. those of us who can't go to the events, we get to see some action from home. As far as the course goes, SRRS seems to know what to do to keep it interesting.

RICHIE KEITH LAUNCHES PLOWBOY 2.0 at POWERLINE PARK

B.DRAKE said:
I myself respect watching someone actually DRIVING their buggy, I feel like just about anyone can strap in hold it wide open and hope it stays straight! :****:

Just my .02, maybe I'm just old school? :dunno:

Man you have been around this sport long enough to know it takes more than that on these hill climbs, especially when they are covered in mud like they were this weekend.

Nice vids Cole, liking the driver perspectives :dblthumb:

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing the motors sing. But the big dirt hills can get a bit repetitive in the videos, in person I could see it being a little different. When I think "rock racing" one of the first things to come to mind is Gorilla Run 2012.

Cole, I'm not meaning anything derogatory toward you or any of the drivers I know it takes skill and a big sack to drive a big high HP buggy on some these hills that I know the video doesn't do justice for. All I am getting at is what point does it turn into Woodsbuggy racing or Rock Racing?

SRRS is very successful and I love what they have done for the sport I'm just giving my opinion on something and it ain't even worth $.02 :****:

B.DRAKE said:
Cole, I'm not meaning anything derogatory toward you or any of the drivers I know it takes skill and a big sack to drive a big high HP buggy on some these hills that I know the video doesn't do justice for. All I am getting at is what point does it turn into Woodsbuggy racing or Rock Racing?

SRRS is very successful and I love what they have done for the sport I'm just giving my opinion on something and it ain't even worth $.02 :****:

No, the opinion seems to be pretty constant with quite a few folks. A big thanks to cole for the videos he is shooting. We do love them. It's just not much ROCK racing anymore. The older videos are definitely the best ones. Only because of the trails. My personal opinion is they need to get back to the roots of where it started.

clemsonjeep said:

If you think back to when all this started a few years ago the courses were very rocky. If 30 drivers raced about half would finish without destroying something. There were a lot of complaints about how much it was costing the drivers to compete (this was before sponsors) and fewer showed up to the rocky courses, so they smoothed them out to make them faster and get more to show up to race. I agree it's less fun to watch on video and I bet Busted Knuckle and Cole have probably seen a loss in views, but it is pretty cool to see in person.

FlatlandFSJ said:
Which came first...the hill killer or the rock bouncer?
Hill killer in woods buggy form. Guys in rail buggies been doing this crazy **** for a long time now.

I think the topic is the Title of the series. Rock racing, we would think when we showed up to watch would have well rocks. Start another series, hill climbing. I like watching the Iceland hill climbing, but its not called the Iceland rock racing series. Kinda like going to a hockey game and wind up seeing figure skating.

I am a fan who stays up to date because of y'all that attend and post about it. Thanks!! :dblthumb:
That being said if the crowd isnt into it there is no one to post and promote the sport.
We have been getting more and more away from "crawling". i miss seeing rigs strategically placing tires, dancing up trails i can barley climb up.
I understand that most people want to hear motors screaming and parts flying. Hell, cause its fun to watch. I would love to see something along the lines of crawlers / bouncers competing like the x-trials.
Having to stay in tighter courses. More of a balance of power and holding a line.
Oh yeah.. great videos! keep up the good work!

I don't know about watching but I do know for a fact that the long steep climbs get my blood pumping when sitting in the drivers seat way more than a rock garden.

It sure has been nice watchin the new Plowboy buggy progress from a problematic show buggy to a hill killer. I mean that in no disrespect to WOD or Richie. It's been an impressive journey so far in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk