• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Problems with 22re

twiztedsnoborder

I finally drug my 4runner up from the backyard. It has been sitting back there for a while and ran when i put it there, but now when i try to start it it only turns over. it doesnt start unless i use starting fluid which then it only runs for about 3 seconds untill the fluid burn out. My buddy says that it might be air or something in the line or a bad fuel pump. Any questions?

how long was it sitting?
could be bad fuel, NO fuel...

weak battery. this is very likely, it has to crank over fast enough to pull the air vane, before it will power the fuel pump.
does it sound like its cranking over fast, like normal? or does it seem a bit slow?

charge the battery, or throw some jumper cables on it.

for some reason your pump isnt working(sounds like). take the floor pan up from under the rear passenger seat. you should fined a wire harness. unplug it and test the side coming from the motor for power. if none, check under your dash in the center. there are some relays and fuses there. or you can run a hot wire from the battery(just to test your pump) your plug. you wont need a ground hooked up.

i ended up running a trigger wire to a toggle switch that was activated by the key. also did use a relay.

i charged the battery fully and tried again but didnt work. It sounded like it was cranking as fast as normal. I filled my truck up with gas and took it camping then when i came back gas was so expensive that i drove my car for about a month month and a half. and when i went down to start it so i could drive it to school in Eburg it wouldnt start.

there is a steal line that runs to your cold start injector, loosen the banjo bolt up and turn your key on, this is another easy way to check that you are getting fuel to the fuel rail