• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project - 38 Special

555 Tagged your buggy John! :woot:

It's bad ass approved.
718108493_erNNK-M.jpg

woodlee's right, that is a drinking mans rig. Lots of cool points everywhere. Holy **** I can't fathom the money to pay someone with that amount of talent to spend that amount of hours on something like that. When finished, it needs taken to shows for a while. No way you can wheel it for reals for the first 6 months or so. Summer start breaking it in hard drool

blacksheep10 said:
woodlee's right, that is a drinking mans rig.

You would think John is a raging alchoalic with the custom cooler and drink holders. Best part is he only drinks Diet Sprite!!! ;D

Matt O. said:
You would think John is a raging alchoalic with the custom cooler and drink holders. Best part is he only drinks Diet Sprite!!! ;D

until now.... who wouldn't want a drink while Pimpin that rig... :drinkers:

Everytime someone mentions John drinking, I can't help but remember that special day he had in the rhino. :drinkers:

IT WAS AWSOME :****:

zukiscott said:
HOLY ****...........that thing needs to go to the SEMA show before John G. "SCRATCHES" it all up :dblthumb:

I have to second this notion,,,,,

this is definately SEMA worthy, would make all them "bolt on" JK's blush in embarassment. drool

Sam

Matt O. said:
Is it done yet? John needs to knock the new off it!!!

New delivery date is 2-9-10. That is 2 days before the move in to the Birmingham World Of Wheels. I got my acceptance letter yesterday to the show.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
New delivery date is 2-9-10. That is 2 days before the move in to the Birmingham World Of Wheels. I got my acceptance letter yesterday to the show.

Woodlee will be at KOH then Right?

John Galbreath Jr. said:

we gunna need a lot of pics

From Pirate:

------------

Alright this thing is headed to paint very soon.

Every one in the shop is excited to see this buggy with some color on it.

After Putting the skins on the buggy it was time to cut down the tail gate to fit the chassis.

I had to cut all for sides off of this to make the lettering stay in the center of the tail gate.

shop45001.jpg

Once the tail gate was cut I had to come up with a way to for the tail gate to hinge.

I took a piece of 1/2" Aluminum and counter sunk one hole in one side and two holes o the other side. Then I welded a bung in the tail gate. A bolt runs through the 1/2" piece of Aluminum to the tail gate and the head of the bolt is counter sunk on the back side of piece and rests next to the bed post. Then the piece bolts to the bed post with 2 bolts that are counter sunk into the front side of the piece of aluminum.

shop45005.jpg

shop50097.jpg

shop50098.jpg

shop50093.jpg

Now we had to come up with a way to keep the tail gate shut and open easy. I saw some latches Tim from Bent Fab used in one of his build and like the clean look they had.

So we added some to the 38.

shop50092.jpg

We built a piece for the tail gate to rest against when its closed and the clamping mechanism to lock to.

shop50094.jpg

shop50095.jpg

shop50096.jpg

shop50106.jpg

We have spent a lot of time on the interior of this buggy.

shop50071.jpg

shop50078.jpg

shop50077.jpg

shop50068.jpg

Caleb built these stand offs for the speakers to mount to.
shop50069.jpg

shop50066.jpg

If your gonna have a built in cooler you better have a place to hold your drink!

shop50074.jpg

shop50075.jpg

Keeping with the clean theme of this build I didn't want to see the door hinges when the door was closed.

shop50072.jpg

shop50064.jpg

shop50110.jpg

shop50113.jpg

shop50121.jpg

shop50136.jpg

The heater.

shop50119.jpg

One of the big things John wanted was for the interior of the buggy to be easily cleaned.

We added a few panels easily removable to make it quick and easy.

shop50138.jpg

shop50115.jpg

shop50116.jpg

Latest posts