• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project - 38 Special

The rod end on the rear sway bar hit the bed side So I made two enclosures for them to make sure they cleared every thing.

shop50147.jpg

shop50104.jpg

There was just enough room to make it all work around the radiator.

shop50102.jpg

Here is a good fab tip. Anytime I am adding some thing that needs to carry out an existing line I leave the piece I add on over sized. Then after I get the part welded and blended together I trim it to fit.

shop50024.jpg

We needed to add on the head lights and they mount on a rounded boss that allows for adjustment. The factory one set the light out to far so I made some thing on the lathe that will get the job done.

shop50027.jpg

shop50029.jpg

shop50031.jpg

shop50032.jpg

shop50034.jpg

crawler1 said:
looks great . Love all the attention to detail .
That's what i was thinking. People that dont know much about this can't understand why or how some one would or could invest 80k plus in one of these works of art. I think it's because they don't fully comprehend the amount of craftsmanship,knowledge,and time these guys spend away from there families to develope something of this quality. It really shows that this isn't a bunch of drunkin rednecks (ok theres a few) with moderate fab skills these are profesionals. We should all strive to the best of our abillites and budgets to only build the best we are capable of. Jhon G. you really have a bad ass ride and we all can't wait to see it on the trail you couldn't have chosen a better company than Wide Open Design they are the highest level of quality and performance.

Damn this board has some bad ass rigs being built right now but this one is my favorite....Jon is a lucky dude...I'm glad for ya Jon...this is a bad m'fer

Thanks John for linking those pictures here.

Thanks guys for all of the compliments!!!! They mean a lot.

Now I just have to find a way to get back from KOH to make the World of Wheels show. That is going to be a busy weekend for sure.

Jesus Christ! AWESOME attention to detail! Just amazing! I would personally never want a buggy that nice, but I can definitely see the justification for a huge pricetag. It takes a certain type of fabber to do something like this. Even if I had the ability to do it I wouldn't want to just because of all the minute details. Simply amazing.

J. J.

date time and location of world of wheels please? ...... i havent been to one in probably 10 year or maybe longer and this just plain makes me want to go even if just to see this one rig :****: :woot: flashemifyougotem

Latest posts