• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project 80

Yeah I need to pick a color for it, it reminds me of rainbow sherbert:haha: The old lady is picking the color since she was pissed when I told her I bought it and she saw it was three diffrent colors.

Well I met up with Odie today and picked up a knuckle rebuild kit and a lock rite for a v6 carrier. I F'ed up thou and should have got 5.29 gears when I met Odie since I really dont want to tear the front apart again. Anyways...I started tearing everything apart when I got home and took the knuckle, spindle, and hub to the parts washer to get them looking good again. I made a call and hopefully ill be getting a v6 diff this weekend so I can get the lockrite into. Then im onto the longs and the front end will be buttoned up. Hopefully next week I can finally get my front D line made and replace the rear brakes and pull the third out to be welded.

Last edited:
Not much of an update but I ran out to chop shops place and he set up my gears and lockers. I finally got my wheel bearings too so tonight im going to get the thirds back in the truck and try and finish the knuckle rebuild so I can be finished with the front.

I also picked up a complete harness so im gonna pull mine out tonight or tomorrow and put the new one in and start hooking everything up.

Ill get some pics tonight hopefully the axles will be finished and then all i need to do is the wireing and im ready to wheel.:cool:

Little update......

I finished rebuilding the front axle and put in my v6 third with a lock rite and 5.29's and my Bobby heat treated axles, I got the rear 4 cyl third with 5.29's welded and put back in and I got the rear D line put back on. I filled the diffs and the Tcases and found out I didnt get enough sealer on the cases were they bolt to the tranny and it leaked like a MoFo so I need to pull it back apart and clean and seal that up again.

Im getting the front D line made today so ill have 4wd.

I finished bobbing the bed but it looks like $hit since for some reason I cant cut very straight of lines so im going to cut out a section of the donor bed and rivit the bed together that way. After I got the bed somewhat done I decided to paint it today since it was nice out. The old lady picked out this blue which im diggging the truck all one color(besides the hood since I took a break from painting to eat and watch the boob tube for about an hour and it started snowing) Luckley the paint dried before it started to rain so I dont have to sand and repaint it.

here is a couple pics....

Put the old lady to work and had here take the hubs off:awesomework:
truckbuild037.jpg

Some random pics she took
truckbuild038.jpg

truckbuild039.jpg

All painted
truckbuild050.jpg

truckbuild047.jpg

truckbuild046.jpg

Running gear shots
truckbuild049.jpg

truckbuild048.jpg

So tonight I got my new coil and igniter so I put that on with hopes that my truck will finally start......

It just cranked over but would not start so I decided to check the timing chain since it was the first time ive done headgasket and I couldnt remember if I lined up the timing chain right. So i took off the valve cover to find this....

Anyone see whats wrong?:corn:
SDC10114.jpg

Pretty sure I didnt have the timing right and the pistons smacked the valves.:puke:
SDC10116.jpg

Luckely when I bought the truck I got another 20R so me and Fasteddy tore it apart to check it out.
SDC10115.jpg

Everything looked pretty good except there was a little bit of rust on the 2nd cylander at the top of the block. Im going to take the block to the machine shop and see what he can do for me. Now I need to track down a rebuild kit and pistons for it.:booo:

holly **** dude:eeek::puke: pm trainwreckinseattle if you want a motor rebuilt

Yeah your telling me it definantly bring the SUCK. I guess motors arent my thing to work on. I just PM'd trainwreckinseattle so Im just waiting for him to get back to me and I have a buddy that already said he would rebuild it for free if I get the kit and the machine work done.

Yeah your telling me it definantly bring the SUCK. I guess motors arent my thing to work on. I just PM'd trainwreckinseattle so Im just waiting for him to get back to me and I have a buddy that already said he would rebuild it for free if I get the kit and the machine work done.

damn i guess not:; has your buddy that is offering to assemble your motor worked on motors before? imo there is a wrong way.half ass way and right way to do things, not dog'n on your friend im just sayin the last thing you want is to get a fresh motor that lasts 5k then starts knocking and chalkin smoke like a CTD

patrick knows toyota 4cyl's like no one else does:awesomework:

Yeah my buddys built a bunch of motors but there all sb350's that he used for drag racing and street use. Hejust got done building a 383 for a guy he works with and before that he had a sb 468 in his s10. he had to bore it out, sleeve it then bore it out again and the thing ripped in the s10 then he just swapped it over into a cherry 86' c10.

Man its been awhile since I updated this but not a whole lot has gone on. Me and Doved' wired it all up since I was tired of chasing a 30 year old wiring mess and finally said screw the 20r and im currently swapping in a 22r. Pretty much just been collecting parts for this thing the last couple months ao hopefully I can have it done so I can go wheeling.

Here is a few pics for you guys

The Badass sticker I got in Cali:011:(see-u-en-tee)
truckbuild057.jpg

The old 20r coming out
truckbuild058.jpg

The 22r that is going in tonight
truckbuild059.jpg

Thats all for now hopefully I can get more pics tonight of the wireing and the 22r going in then ill post them up:awesomework:

Last edited:
Well I was planning on putting the 22r in tomorrow so were still on and I think Justin is coming up to. everything is unbolted and its ready to come out but I dont have a chain to pull it out:booo:

Well the toyota is finally alive and im working out the bugs. I got a new line for my power steering and bleed that out last week and put on some new front brakes since my old calipers were frozen. I finished all the wiring for the whole truck and I need to make a dash for all my toggle switches and such.

The motor ran alittle rough after I swapped in the 22R but after a little tuning to the webber its running like a champ. I did sell the 39.5 Iroks and beadlocks to Nick C and picked up a set of 37" good years off of Stealthrunner.

Here is a pic from today playing on the wood pile in my yard.
finishedproduct.jpg

All I have left that I know about now is.....
-Make the dash
-fix one of my hubs or get a new one(the gear is not returning for some reason but I think its the springs in the hub)
-tripple check all the bolts
-Finally go wheeling:011::011::011:

Well I got my dash all finished up and the truck should be back at my house monday. Im on a new leg of the build and with my crap front driveline angle I decided to go with a high pinion. I picked up a shaved and trussed housing off rivercat and had it soda blasted and then primered/painted the housing and picked up a new shiney set of 30 spline longs and a HP elocker diff off Chop Shop. Here is a few pics for you guys and I should have some of the finished dash on sunday or monday then when the new front axle goes under ill have the wireing off the elocker.

Crap drive line angle
truckbuild072.jpg

New housing
truckbuild073.jpg

Shiney longs
truckbuild074.jpg

HP elocker diff
truckbuild075.jpg

Set the diff in its new home
truckbuild076.jpg

Should have some more updates next week for you guys still waiting on the elocker guard and some other misc. stuff from Marlin:booo:

Hey Chris,

If you need me to hold onto that front axle and shafts for you i'd be glad to put it in the front of the taco! :fawkdancesmiley:

Looks good man! :awesomework:

Hey Chris,

If you need me to hold onto that front axle and shafts for you i'd be glad to put it in the front of the taco! :fawkdancesmiley:

Looks good man! :awesomework:

Ok arron do you want me to get it put together for you first or do you want to come get it as is:fawkdancesmiley:

Did you ever SAS it yet or are you still collecting parts? Ill have my front v6 third with 5.29's and a lockrite for sale probably next week and some other front axle parts. If you need anything PM me.

Last edited:
Here is some pics of the finished dash and the rats nest of wireing I need to reroute tomorrow and make awhole lot cleaner. I still have to wire in the elocker and some rock lights hence the two empty holes in the dash for the toggles.

truckbuild080.jpg

truckbuild077.jpg

truckbuild078.jpg

Im not excited to clean all this mess up but it needs to be done. I put some small hinges on the bottom of the dash so If needed I can still get to all the wireing with ease.
truckbuild079.jpg