• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project '84 Runner

Might make sure the fan you have is ok to reverse the polarity on...some no like that so much!:redneck:

Might make sure the fan you have is ok to reverse the polarity on...some no like that so much!:redneck:

Well, I switched the wires around and it goes the other way. Also it seems to push more air with it going that way anyhow. The wires didnt get warm and all seemed okay. I will get a good look at it in the morning and see just what I have in there. I am going to upgrade to a dual fan setup now too, just to be safe.

She lost a little weight today:redneck:
bumperchop.jpg

Now we have a blank canvas to build the new bumpers:stirpot:
bumperchop1.jpg

bumperchop2.jpg

bumperchop3.jpg

These things are HEAVY!
bumperchop4.jpg

Yes.......those are revolvers under there.......:kissmyass:

Still need to get a set of shackles built to replace those dumb things......:puke:

I think I have some scrap 3/8" plate phill. Measure your shackles and let me know what the bolt to bolt distance is and I will burn some out on the plasma table.:awesomework:

Not nice to snap sneaky pictures of me:fawkdancesmiley:

I think I have some scrap 3/8" plate phill. Measure your shackles and let me know what the bolt to bolt distance is and I will burn some out on the plasma table.:awesomework:

Not nice to snap sneaky pictures of me:fawkdancesmiley:

Sorry, I guess that's how I roll these days.....:haha: I snapped a sneaky picture of marcw at KOH, and didn't even know it. I will get a measurement tomorrow for that though :awesomework: appreciate it man!

i didnt catch what carb is on this, but if it is a q-jet then it is almost as good as tbi if adjusted right. I would get the tbi stuff if its cheap though. i loved mine.

How do you like the v-8? I have a complete k5, thinking about swapping the motor trans transfer into my 83

The V-8 is awesome:awesomework: I worry about breaking stuff, but it has yet to happen:redneck:
i didnt catch what carb is on this, but if it is a q-jet then it is almost as good as tbi if adjusted right. I would get the tbi stuff if its cheap though. i loved mine.

The carb is an Edelbrock 600.

The carb is an Edelbrock 600.

before you spend much, they make an offroad float kit for that carb. it is cheap, but if you have access to a quadrajet or the tbi stuff they are both better hands down than the edelbrock. aftermarket carbs arent good at angles no matter what you do to them. just be careful on the tbi stuff because it is a very specific ecm, and wiring harness you need if you dont use an aftermarket harness. Those are spendy. Also it depends on the style of cylinder heads you have for the intake manifold bolt pattern. you need center bolt valvecover style heads because the two middle bolts are at a different angle than the older intakes. Ive done tbi swaps on a few rigs, and I usually used stock harnesses. pirate 4x4 has a ton of tech on this swap also. the stock harness needed unless things have changed from when I did mine is an 87-91 chevy pickup harness. the van harness is bundled wrong, and the car harness has alarm system stuff tied in. I cant remember the number for the ecm you need. crash is a good tech source too.

before you spend much, they make an offroad float kit for that carb. it is cheap, but if you have access to a quadrajet or the tbi stuff they are both better hands down than the edelbrock. aftermarket carbs arent good at angles no matter what you do to them. just be careful on the tbi stuff because it is a very specific ecm, and wiring harness you need if you dont use an aftermarket harness. Those are spendy. Also it depends on the style of cylinder heads you have for the intake manifold bolt pattern. you need center bolt valvecover style heads because the two middle bolts are at a different angle than the older intakes. Ive done tbi swaps on a few rigs, and I usually used stock harnesses. pirate 4x4 has a ton of tech on this swap also. the stock harness needed unless things have changed from when I did mine is an 87-91 chevy pickup harness. the van harness is bundled wrong, and the car harness has alarm system stuff tied in. I cant remember the number for the ecm you need. crash is a good tech source too.

Thanks a bunch!:awesomework: Not sure what route exactly, that I will be going with just yet.....I know I gotta do somethin though.

Google off-road Edelbrock fixes....there are some things you can do for really cheap/free that drastically helps these in an offroad environment....Oil Can on here has done some things to his "squarangulationarily phucked" :haha: rig with great results...:redneck:

Google off-road Edelbrock fixes....there are some things you can do for really cheap/free that drastically helps these in an offroad environment....Oil Can on here has done some things to his "squarangulationarily phucked" :haha: rig with great results...:redneck:

I will do that:awesomework: I wanna have fun this winter and dont know if I will have the spare cash to get another carb or TBI the thing. Thanks for the tip:awesomework:

I will do that:awesomework: I wanna have fun this winter and dont know if I will have the spare cash to get another carb or TBI the thing. Thanks for the tip:awesomework:

PM him, and I'm sure he'll tip you to what he did to help his out...let him know who sentcha...:awesomework:

easy there on the square stuff.......:fawkdancesmiley:

pm returned!:corn: