• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "new life" '81 yota

PHILLBILLY1

Project "Wife's wheeler" '81 yota

Years ago My wife had an '82 Toyota. She had it when we met, but after a couple years we had to sell it due to finances. I have checked craigslist for years hoping to be able to buy it back, but gave up. I managed to pick up a complete 1981 Toyota longbed 4wd pickup. Lifted about 4" with some junk tires, but running and driving w/ title. A 1979 2wd Auto parts truck, complete running and driving w/ lost title. This is going to be her wheeler/DD. :awesomework:

List of extras that came with:

New in box Hooker comp header for a 22r

Weber carb

complete new 22r rebuild kit( pistons, rings, rocker arms, cam, gaskets.....)

brand new M8000 winch

New centerforce dual friction clutch

They aint pretty, but between the two of them, one will be:redneck:

newrig3.jpg

newrig2.jpg

newrig1.jpg

newrig.jpg

Last edited:
Got some work done today. Now it has straight doors, fenders, and hood, thanks to the little 2wd one. Put the grill in it as well.:awesomework:

On the list of to-do's is:

Stripping the bumpers off
Flat bed the rear
New front bumper
sliders
new windshield
new motor
dual cases
and on and on.....

newrig5.jpg

newrig6.jpg

newrig4.jpg

Wanna part with the cab, frame and front suspension when you're done stripping the 2x?

Yep. :awesomework: I was just going to send it to the scrapper, so if you have a use for it, by all means.

You may not want the frame, it has been lopped off behind the shackle mount in the rear. It wouldn't fit in his storage unit with the other toyota, so he made it fit:eeek: Just a little FYI:awesomework:

Last edited:
Miss my '81...Nice lil score Phill...:awesomework:

Thanks! Yeah, we miss the '82 we used to have. Wish we never had to sell it. She is excited to have her own again:awesomework:

what a score!!!

:awesomework: looks good...

Thanks! Once he told me what he wanted for em, I had to get em. $500 for all this was not something you could pass up. To top it off, he is wanting to do trade work for tattoos, so it will be at no out of pocket expense to me. :cheer:

Yep. :awesomework: I was just going to send it to the scrapper, so if you have a use for it, by all means.

You may not want the frame, it has been lopped off behind the shackle mount in the rear. It wouldn't fit in his storage unit with the other toyota, so he made it fit:eeek: Just a little FYI:awesomework:

That's groovy, I'll be putting a flat bed on it anyway. I'll take pretty much any leftovers even fawked up bodywork etc since it'll be a farm truck. :D

Just give me a price on the junk when its ready to go.