• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project red dragon

front bumper done!

the front bumper is all done other then some drings ill weld on later when i get some. tapped it for air hook ups to hold air too. i decided to keep the winch in the rear on a hitch receiver so when i get the 1/4 ellipt in i can suck up the rear axle on hills, ive heard 1/4 ellipts want to unload fully on down hills. if i need the winch in the front i just pull it out of the reciever in the rear put it on the front use it and put it back. plus can put it in any rig with a receiver and power hook ups.

Last edited:
cage!

ill be takein the red dragon to my buddy scotts house to do the front cage work sunday so will have some good pics of that soon. and got the last parts i needed to get the 1/4 ellipt and 3 link down. if theres time on sunday we might do that too.

New Pics Cage!

so we started on the front cage not much left but couldnt get it all done so well try this weekend to finish depending on how turkey day goes. here some pics of yesterday.

Last edited:
and some more pics, the grill will be bolt on so i can take it off and access the motor easily or when swaping motors.

Last edited:
new panel

got my new electrical panel from 12voltguy.com sweet!!! dual winch controls, push button start, ignition,fans, fuel, lights, welder, and air compressor, all on breakers no fuses! all water proof and the custom "the red dragon" ingraved in...also got the rest of my cageing done for the front will have pics up tomarow. once im done welding the tubes all in. will be sheeting the roof and fire wall. then floors with expanded metal.

Last edited:

well dead lines january as you know...wink wink...hopefully sooner. im ganna start bustin ass now cuz im having withdrawls...

some misc. work

heres acouple of things i got done last week. the backing plate for the brake master. the hole cut for the front driveline. and removed a plate that the gas tank sat on. and caped the ends of the grill so mud cant get in.

Last edited:
cage

did some more work on sat. got the dash bars in, front fender bars, rear fender bars. now just have to weld it all up. then take it back out to tin the roof and do the floor.

Last edited:
got some tin mocked up

got some tin mocked up now just need to wled in and clean up and paint.

Last edited:
1/4 ellipt

got the 1/4 ellipt all done i like the way it turned out moved the axles to about 98" so when i do the front suspension down the road ill move it to the end of the frame putting it at 101" my goal. i used 63" chavy half ton springs real nice and soft! dont have drivelines in so the pics were as far up that the starter could push it with the motor not all hooked up. the passenger rear tire is 4' off the ground and that spring hasnt even hit the frame yet.

Last edited: