• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sexi Sami

Never saw a front but I had a similar deal with a rear in a yj. Had it all done but ring gears. I bought a Yukon spool used and just thought I got the wrong one, so I ordered another spool. Turned out to be the same as the used one. Found out to be a 61 then had to hit up the scrap yard for another $50 dana 60.

Alot of the early dodge cummins trucks had a 61 in them. 1989 to1993. The cummins in those days didn't turn allota rpms & alot didn't have overdrive so they put 3.07 gears in them so they could get some decent highway speed. With a 3.07 the pinion is so big that they had to move the pinion over to compensate & the 61 was born. I know the 91 92 & 93 are kingpin & internal hubs so they look identical to a 60. Only way to know is to check the numbers.

sleepsontoilet said:
Have any good pics of how you redid the dove nose?

20140208_120204_zps16059496.jpg

pretty straight forward, just two straight cuts to credit a pie shape, then take out the difference for the length you loose when you fold the outside pieces in

smurfy90 said:
It a roller yet?

Still need to make a new spacer for the ring gear - and mount wheels

did get the dash done

20140317_135212_zpsba9519af.jpg

20140317_161214_zpse26772be.jpg

very simple - 3 switches and a starter button (ign/fan) , headlights and rock lights, and backup lights

should finish up the ring gear spacer today, still have to mount steering ram and tie in front dif cover also - once that is done the front axle will be painted and put in for the last time

got the cage painted this weekend - started a little final assembly, radiator mounted - propane mounted - rear axle in, brake booster in, propane mixer mounted, steering valve is mounted, etc.

- hopefully I'll get to roll it out of the shop this week and I'll get some pictures

onetoncrawler said:
should finish up the ring gear spacer today, still have to mount steering ram and tie in front dif cover also - once that is done the front axle will be painted and put in for the last time

got the cage painted this weekend - started a little final assembly, radiator mounted - propane mounted - rear axle in, brake booster in, propane mixer mounted, steering valve is mounted, etc.

- hopefully I'll get to roll it out of the shop this week and I'll get some pictures

Just out of curiosity, what all did you do to paint the cage? Just wipe it down with alcohol and rattle can it? Reason I ask is because I will have bare metal link bars, axle, and frame rails that will need painting and want to do it where it has a good solid coat on it. Always just rattle canned over the existing painted cage on my rig, haven't done much with prepping bare metal. Guess it's pretty simple, but I like to overthink things to ensure I do them right. :****: