• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Stinky

darth_yota

I just started working for a friend at his wrecking yard doing some mechanic work and towing. Two days ago I went on a tow to pick up an old truck from an older lady. '83 yota she parked it during the winter of 05 and some pack rats moved in to the engine compartment and the interior!. VERY STINKY. Anyone have any stink removal ideas? I pulled the factory buckets and carpet last night then I steam cleaned it. Let me tell ya pack rat piss smells much worse when it gets hot! I'd say80% of the smell is gone from the cab but thats not near good enough. I'm looking for 100% I want to be the only thing that stinks in my truck. Probably put some 91 camry seats in Stinky, anyone know if the brackets are close? Guess I'll find out one way or the other Monday. Got almost all the crap out of the engine bay, the wiring looks prety good.

Stinky5.jpg

stinky4.jpg

Stinky3.jpg

Stinky2.jpg

Stinky1.jpg

I'm going to keep it pretty mild. 35's, longs (eventually), rears up front, Chevy's in the rear, bed bob, in cab cage, a real winch, just towed a truck with a warn 8274 pulling that Monday. Probably do more stuff along the way.

I'd get the carpet and seats out (and don't put em back). Sounds like you'll be getting new seats, and just cleanup/paint the floor (or put down new carpet or mats or ...).

I suspect the vinyl in the dash and door panels has also "absorbed" some of the smell. If you make a mix of baking soda and water (toothpaste consistency) and slather that around it'll neutralize the odor. Use some paper towels wetted with distilled white vinegar to wipe up the paste after it sits for a few minutes.

There is also a product called "Natures Miracle" that works real good for neutralizing urine odor.

The truck is a late 1981, sr5. late 81 being that it has the center pull tailgate that the 82 and 83's had.

Yeah come to think of it I haven't really checked the year. I just took the old lady's word for it.
SnoFalls Thanks for the suggestions. yeah the carpet and seats are going in the trash. I'm thinking about putting some 91 Camry seats in it and puttin bed liner on the floor.

It is officially an April 81 truck. Sorry for the douche-baggery.
And Odie wins :cheer:

I agree with SnoFalls on the Natures Miracle, my wife bought a little dog for the kids, it used to pee all over the carpet (before I shot it) and that stuff worked great.

Latest posts