• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sublime YJ gets a V8!

Ordered one of these:

hushpower.jpg

And Eli has just finished building a full custom mandrel bent exhaust headpipe, pics coming soon

A little bit of progress. Eli cut up some 2.5" mandrel bent pieces to make up the head pipes, into a 2-1 collector for a single 3" muffler. Exhaust stuff is going to be ceramic coated at Performance Coatings tomorrow.

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

Added a couple of tubes to support the shock hoops and tie them into more structure:

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Since I'm kind of at a spot where I'm waiting on some parts, Eli and I very loosely mocked up the front end with new fenders. I know the gaps and **** are off, there's like 6 loose bolts holding the entire front end together, but I LOVE the way these things look! Genright shoulda made 'em this way from the beginning and I wouldn't have to be doing more paint work. :mrgreen:

12-16-09001.jpg

12-16-09002.jpg

12-16-09003.jpg

12-16-09004.jpg

12-16-09005.jpg

Status Update, here's where I'm at:

Parts I'm waiting on -

Muffler, due in tomorrow
Wiring harness, due in Friday
Headers, headpipe, due back from ceramic coating Tuesday.
Radiator, HOPEFULLY here next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Fuel system is done and plumbed.
Power steering, need to wait until radiator is in place to check clearance before having pressure line built.
Will have some wiring for fans, gauges, etc. to figure out.

Still need to get ahold of Lokar to order engine and trans. dipsticks, shifter, etc.
Still need to figure out throttle cable, air cleaner/intake assembly.. .both should be pretty easy.

After that, I'm sure there's a few little odds and ends, but making good progress! Eli's put a ton of hard work into this project!

John

Looks great John---That driver's side upper link looks like it's gonna smash the exhaust, especially if you jump it like you did recently!!!:haha:

looks good john. if you need a shorter throttle cable then a g-body car has a shorter one. snaps right in the firewall. the only thing Im nervous about for you is distributor clearance. maybe the pics look like its closer than it really is. with that type of cap, it looks like you cant turn it much. :awesomework:

Looks great John---That driver's side upper link looks like it's gonna smash the exhaust, especially if you jump it like you did recently!!!:haha:

We unhooked the shocks and depressurized the air bumps and ran it flexed and full stuff, it has about 1/4" of clearance at minimum when fully stuffed.:awesomework:

looks good john. if you need a shorter throttle cable then a g-body car has a shorter one. snaps right in the firewall. the only thing Im nervous about for you is distributor clearance. maybe the pics look like its closer than it really is. with that type of cap, it looks like you cant turn it much. :awesomework:

There's at least 1/2" clearance firewall to cap, I think it'll work just fine.

So I've caused a little bit of damage to the leading edge of the cowl when hitting my tube fenders, Genright makes a tub protector, but I wanted something stronger. Came up with this idea (with input from DaveRubicon) to help strengthen the whole area.

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

Huge thanks to Clark W for cutting out the plates for me. Clark does great work, reasonably priced and QUICK turn around! He did a new shop sign for me too:

DSCN2324.jpg

Got all the exhaust back from the great guys down at Performance Coatings. Check 'em out if you need any ceramic coating done!

006.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Latest posts