• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project "What the hell did I get myself into"

boxboy said:
Thanks I just wanted to make sure before I was set on the mounting position.

They need to be at the 2:35 position :D

You just need to make sure you can get to the shrader valve when you get them filled...

Brian H said:
How is that bender working out?

It is working quite well but I have to watch it every closely as the bender wants to twist and make the bends not level to each other.

boxboy said:
It is working quite well but I have to watch it every closely as the bender wants to twist and make the bends not level to each other.

I wonder why that is?

boxboy said:

Learn your tool--its just like the rebound on a bend--you will have to figure out how to compensate the material when you setup in the die...

crash said:
Learn your tool--its just like the rebound on a bend--you will have to figure out how to compensate the material when you setup in the die...

He is fighting the design of the ram setup. the ram isnt pushing against it self its pushing from the stand to the lever and tweaking the whole bender. it needs to be remounted

I copied a buddies design and his works fine. I dont see how this is any different than his. When you used it Troy you never said you had any problems.

Roccrawler said:
He is fighting the design of the ram setup. the ram isnt pushing against it self its pushing from the stand to the lever and tweaking the whole bender. it needs to be remounted

Mine works perfect :;

Brian H said:
I copied a buddies design and his works fine. I dont see how this is any different than his. When you used it Troy you never said you had any problems.

Like I was gonna complain..

Whatever........just trying to help out

you would have to try it crash to see what its doing

I'm done now.. carry on

The bender works great you just have to calculate for the flex, I did add a tray at the bottom which stiffened up the frame and has eliminated some of the flex.

I think I have the lay out for the front shock mounts, need to add a couple gussets then duplicate it to the other side.

Last edited:
Roccrawler said:
just keep throwin tube at it, It will strengthen up :redneck:

well I still have 3 1/2 more sticks of tube :redneck: I can weld on some place:;

Yeah, get some pictures taken!!! I'm in Ireland and need to show these put put guys what a real 4x4 project looks like.