• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Projectus massivus cageus has begunus

2pwrlftrs4u said:
i likey.... got any more info/pics of what you did with your rear flares. i like dem too :D

Flares I cut out some 3/16 flatbar and bent some inch and a half DOM tube to make a flare. Then MarcW came over and skinned them for me. Painted and bolt on.

dsc02674jy5.jpg

The only place I don't like on them is the rear bottom. If they were ever to take a big hit there, I think they would bend inward. So, after the cage is done I am going to weld a piece of tube in from the cage and make a little plate to bolt inside the fenderwell to support it there.

Rock_Crusher said:
looking great,

I better hurry up & get something...

Why so you can sell it? .............. Im sorry I had to and you left it wide open!!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

KarlVP said:
Flares I cut out some 3/16 flatbar and bent some inch and a half DOM tube to make a flare. Then MarcW came over and skinned them for me. Painted and bolt on.

dsc02674jy5.jpg

The only place I don't like on them is the rear bottom. If they were ever to take a big hit there, I think they would bend inward. So, after the cage is done I am going to weld a piece of tube in from the cage and make a little plate to bolt inside the fenderwell to support it there.

i'd like to see in person some time... i have always wanted to go that route with my flares but poison spyder doesnt make any crush corners/rear tube flares for my CJ5 tub, dont know anyone else who has made their own. maybe by spring i can get to work on that project.... SOA is tempting me for Dec :D

Brian H said:
Why so you can sell it? .............. Im sorry I had to and you left it wide open!!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

yeah. yeah...

I have my reasons. you'll see!

but good one on me though, :;

As per request, Tony here is a pic with the windshield up.

dsc02701fs8.jpg

Also made these bars today. The fitup really sucks on the left one and the angles aren't the same. They are coming back out so I can do them again. :mad: It just wouldnt be right to do all this work and then halfass this.
dsc02702gu9.jpg
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5299/dsc02702gu9.jpg

Another angle of the crappy mistake. You can see the fitup on the right side piece just sucks ass. It's coming out tomorrow and I'm gonna re-do it.

dsc02705ex4.jpg

I also made these little plates that will be welded to the B pillar at the floor. And then bolted into the body. This covers up the massive hole I put in there and also strengthens the body mount.

dsc02703ja5.jpg

Added the rear bracing on the top tonight too.

dsc02704uh6.jpg

KarlVP said:
Have Patience... I only have two hands.

There will be.

I have lot's of patience Now, I don't have a wheeler... :rolleyes:

"Looking" good Karl. let's go test it when your done! :D :D

KarlVP said:
Have Patience... I only have two hands.

There will be.

I was only asking, Not questioning..Heck, after 2 years i still have tube to add to my crapcan.:haha:

Karl,
Have you trial fit your top yet? It looks like the plastic door surround piece isn't going to work correctly.. Unless you're running a non-factory style of top, aka, bikini top or whatever.
Tony

THANK YOU KARL!! for building a cage where the spreader bars dont (hump and divot) at the b pillar. I dont like that look, much better with it flatish.

Now then, I know a great spot to do 1 complete barel roll to test it out propper:clappy:

I'l even go first:;

TB-F said:
THANK YOU KARL!! for building a cage where the spreader bars dont (hump and divot) at the b pillar. I dont like that look, much better with it flatish.

Now then, I know a great spot to do 1 complete barel roll to test it out propper:clappy:

I'l even go first:;

and just where is this place?

TreeClimber said:
Karl,
Have you trial fit your top yet? It looks like the plastic door surround piece isn't going to work correctly.. Unless you're running a non-factory style of top, aka, bikini top or whatever.
Tony

I'm not going to run those anymore. They just pissed me off and rattled anyway.

So what kinda seats are you going to use /tie into the cage?
Also how did you hard mount your tub to the frame?

Stock seats for right now. I like the seats hip has in his rig.

And at all the places where the tube goes through the body, I am making little plates that will sandwich the body.

Latest posts