• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane Question not running right.

crawler nut

Hello everyone, I just took my rig out yesturday for the first shake down run, an wasnt running real good from about 1000-2000rpm. It is a chevy 355 flat top pistons, 58cc heads etc. Accel HEI distrib, Accel wires on Propane. It also does not have a steady idle. If you are watching the tach, it will be up an down 100 rpms or so. It hesitates between the rpm mentioned above when it is under a load an when you really mash on it an gets warm it will pop or back fire. Not all the time just on accasion. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Do you think it is fuel or fire? Thanks

tommyswheelin said:
Turn your low speed screw out. Count your turns. Sounds like your lean
Thanks Tommyswheelin, Im new to the propane, Its the newer style 425 hat, I you are looking at the hat from the front which is the low speed screw? Thanks for the help.

Do you know where the timing is set ? It sounds like the timing could be too high or the curve wrong. I would also check for vacuum leaks with the surging you have described.

I would check those things before adjusting the mixer. The mixer needs to be the last thing to be adjusted and then only the idle setting.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

Latest posts