• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane Question

Roy_Hobbs

Anybody know if you can tweek a Impco 425 so it can handle more than 275 HP? If its not possible, what would be other alternatives to get up to bout 350 HP, and also 425 HP? And don't say Fuel Injection. Im just wanting to know if it can be done.

I had a healthy small block Chevy would say close to 400hp + and run one setup on mine and it did great you can't really tweak them to get anymore and if you want to run two kits you just double everything that you run with one kit but with those numbers your wanting you should be fine.

whats good starting point on wot and idle screw on a good healthy sbc, mine seems be using alot

I have an m&m 450 cfm mixer and an m&m x-1 regulator. They are supposed to be rated for over 400hp. M&M is no longer in business but Woodward is manufacturing copies of this setup. The parts guy (I think his name was mike) at png technologies is extremely knowledgable and was able to source a rebuild kit for my long since discontinued x-1. They offer options for higher hp applications. He was also helpfull with some general tech questions that I had. I'd highly recommend giving them a call. http://www.pngtechnologies.com/

part # av-1644-2 gas valve its bigger.its made for 370cid and bigger im running a 421cid small block chevy with 14.1 compression and have no problems.i use 1 kit.i have seen some buggys run 2 mixers with 1 evap. seem to work pretty good. go to alternate fuels racing thats who i talk to.he has a chevell running in the 10s in the quarter on propane using all impco parts.

i have a roller 383 in Smith buggy seems to be drinking the ****! 425 impco mixer, model e reg. needing a rough starting point to start tuning it from :dblthumb:

i tuned mine with a propane analyzer from impco. i was using alot of pane at first.now i dont use as much.impco says if you can smell is strong its way to rich.it will not detonate it will just smother out.