• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane regulator mounting location????

TwistedTiTan

I bought an old CJ7 with sbc on pane and the PO had the regulator mounted in the rear of the tub between the cylinders. Every time I go to start it, I have to reach behind me and hold the center button down with my right hand while I'm struggling to reach for the starter button with my left . Is there something wrong with the regulator or do I need to relocate it? I've been looking in several photos and have never seen anyones regulator mounted so far from the engine.

For best results the vaporizer needs to mounted no farther away than 24" from the mixer. If the vaporizer is farther it cannot get a good vacuum signal from the mixer. When the fuel system and engine are set up properly it should start without priming the system at all.

Let me know if I can help.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

Heres how the setup on the RATTLER looks,,,,,

zuki8044.jpg

zuki7085.jpg

zuki7074.jpg

I LIKE MY POPANE :****:

I am very pleased with the pane on mine also. I really diggin that beer bucket in the last pic! :drinkers:

Thanks for the advice fellows. :dblthumb: I have to swap the engine out sometime this week or next and while doing so I'll relocate the vaporizer into the engine bay area. Hopefully this will fix the problem. I'll post up the results after I move it and get it running again

Latest posts