• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane tank brackets a little too tight

Glad my one good ideal off my rig could help out. thumb.gif. I also seen a recent angry fab build pic with a similar set up ( just much better fabrokaten )
Two ideals I have that have not made it on rig is putting a valve by each tank. That way when you are switching empty or you don't want to feed any back into an empty tank you can shut it. You could use check valves.
Second is a simple lock. I discussed it once with kush. Drill a hole in the handle or flap that locks down. Then weld a bolt to the strap under it sticking striaght up. When you lock the handle down bolt comes up through the hole and you wing nut it. Or cotter pin.

Alrighty then... So I looked at your pics a little closer cause of your " how to build a shelf" statement. I'm going to attach a rack about an inch over mine.
The way I built mine is I built a large "U"holds the tanks. Then built a hinged curved "door" to connect the two top parts. Then laid it on its side. So mine the only part that moves is the small door at the very rear of the buggy, like a tailgate. The rest of the rack is more or less solid and could be built off of. Actually the bottom half is tube not origanal tank rack. I hope I wrote that where it can be understood.

kushKrawlin said:
Looks good to me. Cage looks cook also... Eddy forgot to mention be welded his with full tanks In it.. Hope you didn't.. That's a clean way to do it. One thing I like bout ole eddy, he makes due with what he has, as do i.. Oh and then there's the zip tie thing. Yep , I'm a fan of a good quality zip tie. FAWK I started rambling again. It's da kush. :smoke:
They weren't "full" but I did want to make sure the brackets were right on, and my cheap ass wasn't emptying out propane just to weld a rack.

Eddyj said:
Alrighty then... So I looked at your pics a little closer cause of your " how to build a shelf" statement. I'm going to attach a rack about an inch over mine.
The way I built mine is I built a large "U"holds the tanks. Then built a hinged curved "door" to connect the two top parts. Then laid it on its side. So mine the only part that moves is the small door at the very rear of the buggy, like a tailgate. The rest of the rack is more or less solid and could be built off of. Actually the bottom half is tube not origanal tank rack. I hope I wrote that where it can be understood.

I get it. Unfortunately, mine have to hinge up. Not enough room to remove the tanks going straight out, so my rack will need to be some sort of "quick release"

And no, I did not weld the brackets with the tanks strapped in. If I survived, I would have been in trouble lol

Latest posts