• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane vaporizer question

jangel

I bought a propane setup with a Model E vaporizer and a 300A mixer. On the vaporizer there are 2 separate plastic pieces. Each of these pieces has 2 electrical spade connectors on one end and what appears to be a vacuum port on the other end with a pipe thread in the middle on the side? What are these? Do I need them? Can I just remove them and plug the ports? Looked through the Impco catalog and didn't see anything similar.

OMG YES!!!!! more on propane. dont worry, roccrawler will chime in any minute. Sorry, i cant help but was hoping you could post some picture of what you got. I am going to be getting a propane kit very soon myself. Where/from whom did you get it? How much did you spend (if you dont mind telling)?

jangel said:
I bought a propane setup with a Model E vaporizer and a 300A mixer. On the vaporizer there are 2 separate plastic pieces. Each of these pieces has 2 electrical spade connectors on one end and what appears to be a vacuum port on the other end with a pipe thread in the middle on the side? What are these? Do I need them? Can I just remove them and plug the ports? Looked through the Impco catalog and didn't see anything similar.

where on the regulator is this located? on the side or on the top?

You can find that setup on Ebay for $100 pretty easy. On my model E vaporizer, I just have the coolant lines (2), and the propane lines (in & out). Anything else is not used. I can get you a pic Tomorrow night (26 hours until finals are over!).

heepofajeep said:
You can find that setup on Ebay for $100 pretty easy. On my model E vaporizer, I just have the coolant lines (2), and the propane lines (in & out). Anything else is not used. I can get you a pic Tomorrow night (26 hours until finals are over!).

Yeah, that would be sweet!! Good luck on your tests!! I remember those days...

To me it sounds like an electric lock off for a dual fuel set up. Power to it will stop the flow of propane . Ignore it, or wire it up for an anti-theft device

not familular with that discription...

I figured that little biotch 4 link would have known it all

Sorry man, maybe post a pic and we can figure it out

Here's a picture, not the best angle but you get the point. One of these is coming off the front and the other comes off the side.

Attachments

• P5030048.JPG
    P5030048.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 76
jangel said:
Here's a picture, not the best angle but you get the point. One of these is coming off the front and the other comes off the side.

ok, what you have is a electric prime on the side of the regulator with the two spades. remove piece and plug off. not needed i'm sure in your application. the piece on the front is a feedback solenoid also probably not needed in your application. remove and install a pipe plug with a fitting and connect a hose to it and run it to your air cleaner. it has to be open to the atmosphere to properly operate. now, that brings up another problem. if this system was used in a feedback system the mixer will be stamped with FB and some numbers. if so then it probably has a rich cone in the mixer instead of a standard cone. it will run like troy's for sure and won't be right.:D :corn:

4link said:
ok, what you have is a electric prime on the side of the regulator with the two spades. remove piece and plug off. not needed i'm sure in your application. the piece on the front is a feedback solenoid also probably not needed in your application. remove and install a pipe plug with a fitting and connect a hose to it and run it to your air cleaner. it has to be open to the atmosphere to properly operate. now, that brings up another problem. if this system was used in a feedback system the mixer will be stamped with FB and some numbers. if so then it probably has a rich cone in the mixer instead of a standard cone. it will run like troy's for sure and won't be right.:D :corn:

I'll check and see if I see FB on it. Thanks

The piece of the side of the vaporizer came plugged. So I'm thinking you're correct about removing it putting in a plug. What does the feedback solenoid do? The port is marked BAI? I tried applying 12V to it and it appears to open up? I also looked all over and no where on do I see FB stamped on it. Here's a better picture too.

Attachments

• P5040049.JPG
    P5040049.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 69
jangel said:
The piece of the side of the vaporizer came plugged. So I'm thinking you're correct about removing it putting in a plug. What does the feedback solenoid do? The port is marked BAI? I tried applying 12V to it and it appears to open up? I also looked all over and no where on do I see FB stamped on it. Here's a better picture too.

a feedback solenoid opens and closes applying vacuum to the topside of the regulator shutting off fuel. a computer monitors the exhaust stream o2 making changes to the air/fuel ratio through the feedback solenoid. as i said remove and discard. since the filter screen has been removed to allow this fitting you need to install something to keep debris out. the port is marked BAL instead of BAI. which is a balance port. the FB would be stamped on the mixer not the regulator. it very well might not be stamped. this may not have been a complete system off a running vehicle. which brings me to another point. i would always rec. purchasing from a reputable rebuilder or brand new. i would'nt fall for the cheap e-bay stuff as you never know what your getting. if the system came off a running vehicle and ran great why take it off and sell it?:rolleyes: