• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane ?????:?

All of that looks exactly like what I am running on my Vortec V-6. Standard forklift stuff. runs great only on a rare occasion will I kill the rig if I am mashing the pedal, drawing a lot of fuel, and then suddendly lugging it, like on a failed hillclimb attempt when your tires churn to a stop as you let off the gas. I will talk with my father in-law about it, but I think you can get a bigger carb. I might also have a number for a guy in Eastern Wa who is a guerru of this stuff.

All of that looks exactly like what I am running on my Vortec V-6. Standard forklift stuff. runs great only on a rare occasion will I kill the rig if I am mashing the pedal, drawing a lot of fuel, and then suddendly lugging it, like on a failed hillclimb attempt when your tires churn to a stop as you let off the gas. I will talk with my father in-law about it, but I think you can get a bigger carb. I might also have a number for a guy in Eastern Wa who is a guerru of this stuff.

The 425 is fine according to others ...?My question is about the converter being rated for 200hp.

I have seen a lot of used stuff coming out of Canada on e-bay and most used the 425 on stock V8's, I also have seen an intake with two 425's on it. I don't remember what vaporizer they used. Might go to gotpropane.com and take a look,they have kits for small block Chevy. I filled my 10 gal tank today for $1.79 a Gal ( I run an 8 and a 10 in my Toyota powered Sammy) Just remember the state would like to reward you for using alt. fuels by charging you a flat rate road tax of $45 a year (ain't that nice)

The vaporizer I have is a model E, that's the only thing that is different from the set up I have...

I run it on a mildly built 350... Rv cam, headers, 202 heads...

Three's a couple of guys in our group that run the same set up as I do and have no problems...

Model E would be better for you. I talked with I talked with David Skinner of Alternative Fuels. (not the same as the web page you posted. This guy is in Eastern Wa.) He said give him a call anytime. He's a good guy, and a wealth of information. His number is (509) 863-3187