• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Prototype from Germany (Avalanche)

Watched a bit of the European Championship (Eurotrial) Video posted in the other thread and then found this build thread.

How's the Prototype buggy doing?

ridered3 said:
Watched a bit of the European Championship (Eurotrial) Video posted in the other thread and then found this build thread.

How's the Prototype buggy doing?

For the first year it did pretty good but we are doing changes to the axles at the moment.
For detailed pictures i think our Facebook page is the best source: http://www.facebook.com/team4moffroad
I am going to King of the Hammers again this year to see the US side of off-road motorsport ;-)

are the lights under the cowl to show you when the rear steer is centered? nice build, I noticed in one video it had some wheel hop in the front axle. Is that why you are doing changes?

Rjhoward32006 said:
are the lights under the cowl to show you when the rear steer is centered? nice build, I noticed in one video it had some wheel hop in the front axle. Is that why you are doing changes?

Thank you. Yes the LED Lights indicate if the steering is centered. A pretty simple and good working way to get your rear axle straight.
We do some changes because of the overall width. We have smaller axles now, this is why we are driving with turned rims. Now we turn them as they should be and are going for wider axles. I hope i explained this correct ;-)
And yes we also want to do something against the wrong setup of the Air Shocks.

Time to update this....
Avalanche now has wider 404 Unimog Axles (with Portals), newly configured Airshocks and new 40" Maxxis Trepadors.
At the moment we are in the process of switching to Volvo 5-cylinder turbo engine insetad of the VW VR6. We also change the brake system completely because we had a lot of problems with breaks breaking when we did not want them to. Interested in more pictures?
31959076_1516292201829828_2663133775130525696_o.jpg

(not sure if we wanted to go the same way) :D

Last edited:
Time to update this....
Avalanche now has wider 404 Unimog Axles (with Portals), newly Airshocks and new 40" Maxxis Trepadors.
At the moment we ar in the process of switching to Volvo 5-cylinder turbo engine insetad of the VW VR6. We also change the brake system completely because we had a lot of problems with breaks breaking when we did not want them to. Interested in more pictures?
View attachment 115896
(not sure if we wanted to go the same way) :D

Hell ya let's see more pics!

I am pretty impressed of how good those portal axles hold up to the abuse. But i also dig the US Rockbouncer on Portal Axles:
()

Some axle pictures:
20622312_1634909533188305_58611184826750476_n.jpg

28071320_1828618870484036_8772906900509047181_o.jpg

32756128_1927957650550157_8066100855658512384_o.jpg

So what kind of wheeling is there to do over there? Post up more pictures buggy looks cool as ****.
What i do is more trailing with driving through gates (as you see in the video above). Speed is used pretty seldom. We have a 5 gate system. There is a maximum time per section to drive through all gates. You receive points for driving reverse, hitting gates, hitting the outside of the section etc. The participant with the lowest points wins.

What i do is more trailing with driving through gates (as you see in the video above). Speed is used pretty seldom. We have a 5 gate system. There is a maximum time per section to drive through all gates. You receive points for driving reverse, hitting gates, hitting the outside of the section etc. The participant with the lowest points wins.

are there places to just take your rig out to the mountains and go riding for fun?

So you just do competition? Is there any trail riding goes on?

are there places to just take your rig out to the mountains and go riding for fun?
Too bad, but this is not possible in germany. There are specific offroad parks where you can take your rig, but driving in the woods without a valid registration would cost you a lot of money if they catch you.

So you just do competition? Is there any trail riding goes on?

There are a few "trail riding" events but not a lot, probabyl because what i have mentioned above. I love US trail riding videos :)

Latest posts