• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PSC Friend or Foe???

x2! The place sucks since Lance left. Terrible customer service, no management//oversight, and the one or two dudes that relatively know their **** are overworked and spend most of their time dealing with **** ups. It blows my mind, PSC basically has their market cornered. With better management no one could touch them. Howe caters to a completely different market.
This sums it up pretty well. I miss ordering from Lance, he was honest, and knew his ****.

I have called PSC before with questions and felt like the person on the other end of the phone didn't know their stuff. I have been going through vendors like Busted Knuckle Offroad (Jake Burkey) or WOD. They know their **** and haven't let me down yet. I'm in sales where I have to do some pretty good explaining on how things work to get the order. I feel the manufacturer should be the same way. If I ask a question I expect them to give me more info than I asked for, and teach me about how and why it works. The two companies mentioned before are that way and that's why they get my business. I have never built a buggy before and the guys I mentioned above have never talked down to me like I should know what they are talking about. Even if I ask some pretty basic question that I should probably know the answer to. So if they read this, thank you.

Re: PSC Friend or Foe?

hokie_yj said:
Which old style resi are you looking for? I've got one laying in the shop that's really just in the way.

Sucks to hear this about PSC, I didn't know Lance had left.

Plan Jane one, Id love to get yours outta your way. Pm sent :dblthumb:

Still kinda beside myself, they did refund the part I didnt order, and reimbursed 100 for the discrepancy in the original price which was decent. BUT.......

I got the pump yesterday on my lunch break and the pulley looked like my oem one size wise, I thought boy that is funny because Preston at psc told me it had to be a overdrive pulley because of my motor rpm. SO I call and he sort of stammers and said we never talked about pulleys, I said we sure did you told me I needed a 4.5in. He said please hold talked to tech and it turns out they cant do a 4.5 because of backspacing... So I am thinking if he told me I need it to work right why didnt he call me and tell me of issue, well mainly because he doesn't remember the conversation.

So excited to get home from work I go to put the pump in and the oe bracket needs clearances for the pump, not a big deal, then I find they put a straight adapter in where they told me they were gong to do a 45 deg one to accommodate my existing hose, I rummaged and found on I had on hand from a previous pump and problem solved but then I go to install the reservoir, now when I ordered I asked for one with three ports two with 3/8 barbed for my hydro boost and return from steering and of course a pump feed. He says not a problem. So at 9 the night before I have to have this rig on a trailer for moab i open the reservoir to find he sent two of the three fittings and a plug. I was able to run to a local hydro store and get the parts this am but I guess my point is I cant believe how many things one person can forget, and what a pain it makes for the consumer. Any one of those things on their own not a big deal with the exception of poor communication ( thats never ok) would have been fine but it felt never ending.

I can only cross my fingers at this point and hope when I go home to load up over lunch that the rig bleeds good and the rest works as it should. As for psc I would have not gone anywhere else a week ago, and now I wouldn't go back.

Latest posts