• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PSC load-reacting/return to center orbital

after further discussion with PSC, it sounds like the slight uphill climb the fluid has to travel from the reservoir to the inlet of the pump is causing the condition that I'm experiencing. so I guess I'm going to try to figure out how I can get the reservoir higher and still keep it within the boundaries of protection provided by the chassis

I'm a little late to the party but that was my thought as I scrolled through the thread. Try mounting the res higher (and in front of the pump) with the absolute shortest hose you can run without kinking. good luck man.

Load reactive valves are super quirky. So don't rule that out. With a single ended ram they do really weird things like turn the wheel one direction when you let go of the wheel. Also, the cooler that you installed could add a bit to much of a restriction and cause problems as well. Bypass the cooler and try it out. On a side note it took 3 psc pumps to finally get one that worked properly. Their "tech" support is rubbish.

My buggy does not run a cooler, it probably should have one but it works just fine the way it is. I got 3 years out of my last pump with no cooler, Lincoln lock might be on to something about restriction through the cooler. A friend of mine just bought a buggy with rear steer 3 weeks ago. All psc stuff and the first day he flew off the road. His buggy is suffering all of the same symptoms. :rb: I'm going to check to see how his sh*t is plumbed tommorow.

While I'm not ready to rule anything out, the ID of the lines throughout the system are all the same. The 12" Derale cooler is just (seemingly) a cylinder with fins (to dissipate heat).

After talking with PSC, I'm thinking that the reservoir placement is most likely the problem but I've just installed a non-load-reactive valve tonight. Hopefully with the new valve and improved placement of the reservoir, my troubles will be eliminated. (no guarantees but I'm givin' it a shot)

Thank you all nonetheless for your input on this frustrating hindrance

Terry

So what do you know my buddy's hydro res starts with a block 90 and goes downhill and then back up about 2 inches before connecting to the pump.We are going to change this. My buggy has a hose that is tight like a rope.

yeah, I've removed the sharp 90degree fittings (had 3 of them in the layout)

In addition, I finally found a spot for the reservoir and created a nifty mount that suspends the reservoir well above the pump, within about 13.5" of the pump and within the boundaries of protection provided by the chassis. only thing I've gotta do is cut a hole in the hood

Having similar issues with very similar setup

So did this fix your issues?

I am having same issues with almost identical setup?

Killer tech support here:awesomework:

Are you using actual hydraulic lines, 4000 psi ratings roughly. Im no expert but I've learned the pump should be lower than the rest of your system due to gravity and how fluids do bleed off (besides your cylinder). Orbital is one thing that traps air because it is mounted up high above the rest of the system. System bleeding is critical as you would already know. Hopefully the reservoir is big enough for the system meaning the pump isn't suckin it to a low enough level where your return fluid can't keep it full enough while at high rpm but is full while it's shut off. Hydraulics is a constant flow so if there is a resriction point, it would build up pressure more in a spot and restrict it to the rest of the way. I work on heavy equipment on a daily these are just some things I've seen and learned over the last 4 years on high pressured systems. Let the board know if you fixed it for future reference