• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Public service announcement

BUG-E J said:
Alright children im bumping this back up.

I never thought someone would do this outside of maybe being funny like robby bobby but damn. At one time i would do as much as i could for anyone on this forum. I have privatly contacted people on this site and givin parts away i wasnt using just to help a fellow hardliner out. **** like this is why i dont trust anybody.

First off, Thank you. Thank you for being an example of what is RIGHT about this forum. You never try to take advantage of a situation that i will refer to as an opportunity to riot. Seems every time the powers have to take out the trash, there seem to be half a dozen that want to blame the mods. The mods are just the janitors sweeping up. All of us users are the ones that primarily police ourselves. You do a good job of that.

Gregg's job is not an easy one, which is being friendly but firm. Others have failed at it and left. And that's not just this board, I know plenty of mods from many forums. It's a hard damn job to balance especially if you are part of the crowd. So THANK YOU Gregg. You are very appreciated.

And Thank you, person who originally "smelled a rat" in a few posts... It may have taken a few months, but your tip was very appreciated.

LandSpeeder said:
First off, Thank you. Thank you for being an example of what is RIGHT about this forum. You never try to take advantage of a situation that i will refer to as an opportunity to riot. Seems every time the powers have to take out the trash, there seem to be half a dozen that want to blame the mods. The mods are just the janitors sweeping up. All of us users are the ones that primarily police ourselves. You do a good job of that.

Gregg's job is not an easy one, which is being friendly but firm. Others have failed at it and left. And that's not just this board, I know plenty of mods from many forums. It's a hard damn job to balance especially if you are part of the crowd. So THANK YOU Gregg. You are very appreciated.

And Thank you, person who originally "smelled a rat" in a few posts... It may have taken a few months, but your tip was very appreciated.
Well thank you sir. But all i do is speak my mind and abide by the rules (loosely of course)

LandSpeeder said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, but just like you guys, I love this place and what it stands for, friends helping out friends whether they know them or not. When I accepted this post, I knew this was not going to be an easy chore trying to fill shoes that are UNFILLABLE(if that is even a word) of a lost friend. Yes, I am not John G and have never said to be, but I am trying to make decisions that he would approve of and how he might have handled them to keep this board honest and respectable. I too, count on many of you for information, many of you I still may have not have met in person, but try to make my judgements based upon past and present situations.

The unfortunate events that have recently occurred on this forum have left me no other option but to ban the few that have chosen to make up their own rules that are not acceptable by this forum, whether decided upon by John G or myself. These decisions have also not been completely on my own, but were decided upon by a group effort of the other OG members behind closed doors. Like they say, "Play stupid games and win stupid prizes" There are not a whole bunch of rules that set the parameters for this forum, more like common sense and courtesy to others, but one of them is to use a single screen name so we can all identify who we are dealing with. On this occasion there were multiple people with multiple screen names playing on multiple ip addresses all while sitting on the same bar stool. They have been watched for quite some time now and were given enough rope to hang themselves as they did. It is unfortunate but this was our only option of how to deal with these guys. To some, they might be the greatest guys on the planet(and maybe are) and have helped you get off the side of the mountain somewhere, but here, they were a thorn in my side and were detrimental to the well being of this forum and so the hammer was dropped.

Please take this situation for what it is worth and remember that this is a free service to everyone and we are not paid to do this job and I am NOT retired. I hold down 2 jobs, a family, and try to do my best to help make this forum the best on the internet. So in closing thanks again for your support and LET'S RIDE... :driving:

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, but just like you guys, I love this place and what it stands for, friends helping out friends whether they know them or not. When I accepted this post, I knew this was not going to be an easy chore trying to fill shoes that are UNFILLABLE(if that is even a word) of a lost friend. Yes, I am not John G and have never said to be, but I am trying to make decisions that he would approve of and how he might have handled them to keep this board honest and respectable. I too, count on many of you for information, many of you I still may have not have met in person, but try to make my judgements based upon past and present situations.

The unfortunate events that have recently occurred on this forum have left me no other option but to ban the few that have chosen to make up their own rules that are not acceptable by this forum, whether decided upon by John G or myself. These decisions have also not been completely on my own, but were decided upon by a group effort of the other OG members behind closed doors. Like they say, "Play stupid games and win stupid prizes" There are not a whole bunch of rules that set the parameters for this forum, more like common sense and courtesy to others, but one of them is to use a single screen name so we can all identify who we are dealing with. On this occasion there were multiple people with multiple screen names playing on multiple ip addresses all while sitting on the same bar stool. They have been watched for quite some time now and were given enough rope to hang themselves as they did. It is unfortunate but this was our only option of how to deal with these guys. To some, they might be the greatest guys on the planet(and maybe are) and have helped you get off the side of the mountain somewhere, but here, they were a thorn in my side and were detrimental to the well being of this forum and so the hammer was dropped.

Please take this situation for what it is worth and remember that this is a free service to everyone and we are not paid to do this job and I am NOT retired. I hold down 2 jobs, a family, and try to do my best to help make this forum the best on the internet. So in closing thanks again for your support and LET'S RIDE... :driving:

ADMINISTRATOR

Gregg,

1) You suck :flipoff1:

2) Thank you for cleaning up a mess, even if some of us didn't even know we had one yet. Also, know that this may seem a thankless job, but we do appreciate the opportunity to be able to be ourselves on here, and share a bond with "internet friends" even though explaining that bond to others is pretty much impossible. :****:

CHASMAN9 said:

ADMINISTRATOR

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle......they helped you learn how to use the quotes two didn't they?

Keep it up.

muddinmetal said:
2) Thank you for cleaning up a mess, even if some of us didn't even know we had one yet.

You posted in this thread as well... Use the search Tyler.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=56313.0

A quote in that thread:

Eddyj said:
I'm calling out Jk101.
I want to know who you are. I need friends that have seen you in real life.

Tell'em I said it!!!

By the way... look at all the conversations these certain user accounts are having in that thread... it's not the only thread like that...

LandSpeeder said:
You posted in this thread as well... Use the search Tyler.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=56313.0

A quote in that thread:

By the way... look at all the conversations these certain user accounts are having in that thread... it's not the only thread like that...

Got it, I did search, but I only put it on 30 days, thinking it had just happened. I forgot all about that crap

muddinmetal said:
Got it, I did search, but I only put it on 30 days, thinking it had just happened. I forgot all about that crap

Mods were just trying to be nice, giving folks the benefit of the doubt. But even 6 months later, zebras can't change their stripes.
They were warned in private.