• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pucker Ridge???

Pucker ridge is the ****. I've only run it backwards so you have to do a hilclimb on the actual ridge part. It's nice and long and fun even when it's totaly dry out. Realy fun on 4th july weekend when there's still some snow in the trees. A roll cage will not save you in the nastiest parts but there's plenty of other good spots where it is helpfull. This trail is not for the un-prepared. A winch and at least a rear locker is required (to run it backwards at least) I think that short and dirty to chicken **** is hairyer, but then again I watched someone get killed there. Here's a few pics from last labor day.

PR8.jpg

PR11.jpg

PR3.jpg

Oh, and it's actualy called otterslide:D

that trail is gonna get my blood flowing! still waiting for a cage, a peace of mind, (pascifier) but maybe i'll get an in-cab cage this summer...

One thing to note. . .Pucker doesn't take that long to run compared to most of the other Rimrock trails so take some with you that knows the area and run a bunch of other stuff too. Pucker is famous, but it isn't really the hardest part of Rimrock. Try something like Narrowneck Gap one time and Pucker looks like I90 from then on.

A year? :wtf: You been racin too much and not wheelin enough? :redneck:

Speakin of swaybars.....your runin a rear and no front? or ?

Well if you would get your ass up here maybe I'll roll 'er for ya!:D

I'm just running a bar in the back.

One thing to note. . .Pucker doesn't take that long to run compared to most of the other Rimrock trails so take some with you that knows the area and run a bunch of other stuff too. Pucker is famous, but it isn't really the hardest part of Rimrock. Try something like Narrowneck Gap one time and Pucker looks like I90 from then on.

Nothing on earth makes Pucker look like I-90. I promise that. Pucker is a great trail!!
Your right about it not being the hardest trail however. The top of Narrow Neck is CRAZY!!!

Last edited:
In definitely loosing my nerves with age. That place scared the **** out of me......

The first time I ran the trail we had a guide that had run it before. He told us stories about the trail and I was litteraly shaking as we entered the trail. To be honest I did not stop feeling nervous untill we got off the trail. It has been a lot more fun on the runs since that one, now that I know it's not as bad as people say. I would never run it without some good people with me however.

Well if you would get your ass up here maybe I'll roll 'er for ya!:D

I'm just running a bar in the back.

I might still make it...but the new rig might have some trouble at RR with a winshield and all......

Speedway racing bar in the back? Help stability alot?

I might still make it...but the new rig might have some trouble at RR with a winshield and all......

Speedway racing bar in the back? Help stability alot?

Yes and yes.

I ended up with a 1" bar, thought I might end up turning it down in the middle some but I like it the way it is.

Very true, my first time across (some # of years ago), I think I had 4-5 highsiders!

What made it difficult was the fact that my rig didn't sidehill that well, I had to rev it to ~2k rpm to keep the motor running (dam carter!), and I was nervous as hell.

Well, I made it and that bit of experience has definitely influence the further building of my jeep.

No highsiders required these days, hell sometimes I even stop mid gap to enjoy the scenery.

Opps, FYI I was actually thinking of Narrowneck Gap when I wrote this.:shaking:

My best Pucker Ridge trip was in my old TJ with 44"TSL's. Early on the trail my rear brake brakets tore off , then a front upper control arm braket snapped leaving me with no front brake lines and no shocks.

So I ran all the interesting stuff with no brakes on an oversized TJ with an auto trans and no front shocks........it was fun:awesomework:

Yes and yes.

I ended up with a 1" bar, thought I might end up turning it down in the middle some but I like it the way it is.

Thanks Kevin, The new rig will be runnin a rear bar of redneck design, I reveal it's identity/origin if it works.....:redneck:

Pucker Ridge/Otter slide is not a trail I would wanna run with mechanical issues.....

My best Pucker Ridge trip was in my old TJ with 44"TSL's. Early on the trail my rear brake brakets tore off , then a front upper control arm braket snapped leaving me with no front brake lines and no shocks.

So I ran all the interesting stuff with no brakes on an oversized TJ with an auto trans and no front shocks........it was fun:awesomework:

Why does that not surprise me. I bet you sabotaged your own rig just to up the adrenaline rush... :haha::flipoff::haha:

Nice to see someone still knows the real name OtterSlide as in "Otter not be here"
The slide down into the little crk-wet spot was kinda like the old "Beaverslide" used to be.