• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pucker Ridge???

rooneypower

Does anyone have stories about this run/ Pics of it. Ive heard it is pritty crazy run and can be dangerous. i wanna know what its like. Ive only seen 1 or 2 pics of certain parts of it. So lets hear the stories...

rooinater said:
can't wait to run that trail. i've wanted to for awhile, but i won't run it till i get a cage.

A cage will not save you on Pucker Ridge :haha: :haha:

When you fall the **** off the top of the mountain you better just bail and make sure you have a parachute :flipoff:

Jobless said:
A cage will not save you on Pucker Ridge :haha: :haha:

When you fall the **** off the top of the mountain you better just bail and make sure you have a parachute :flipoff:
Yep, that about sums it up. :haha:

Jobless said:
A cage will not save you on Pucker Ridge :haha: :haha::flipoff:

Hmmmm, good times:redneck:

What saves you is a keen respect for all forces at work (ie gravity, vehicular dynamics).

But if you have a rig that can sidehill, stay stable and keep running, and have nerves of steel, then you should nave no problems!:;

JPFREAK said:
Hmmmm, good times:redneck:

What saves you is a keen respect for all forces at work (ie gravity, vehicular dynamics).

But if you have a rig that can sidehill, stay stable and keep running, and have nerves of steel, then you should nave no problems!:;

a couple of fat guys dont hurt either:clappy:

pokey said:
a couple of fat guys dont hurt either:clappy:

Very true, my first time across (some # of years ago), I think I had 4-5 highsiders!

What made it difficult was the fact that my rig didn't sidehill that well, I had to rev it to ~2k rpm to keep the motor running (dam carter!), and I was nervous as hell.

Well, I made it and that bit of experience has definitely influence the further building of my jeep.

No highsiders required these days, hell sometimes I even stop mid gap to enjoy the scenery.

JPFREAK said:
Very true, my first time across (some # of years ago), I think I had 4-5 highsiders!

What made it difficult was the fact that my rig didn't sidehill that well, I had to rev it to ~2k rpm to keep the motor running (dam carter!), and I was nervous as hell.

Well, I made it and that bit of experience has definitely influence the further building of my jeep.

No highsiders required these days, hell sometimes I even stop mid gap to enjoy the scenery.

Back in those days Kevin you would flop on the slightest of sidehills... :redneck: Like the one one Short and Dirty when I high-sided you til you got into the trees and I jumped off and you leaned into the trees..... :haha: Good times.....never thought my 160 pounds would make any difference......:D

I miss wheelin up there......Am not gonna make it this summer either. New rig won't be done.....:mad: :mad:

Pucker Ridge is a fun trail....is the 3rd trail I ever did at RR....wasn't pleasant at the time but got more and more used to it and missed bein able to run it backward..... :redneck:

Last edited:
Do you know anyone but Kevin that has flopped 3 times in 45 minutes? And this when his rig was supposed to be more stable!!!

Digger 5 said:
Do you know anyone but Kevin that has flopped 3 times in 45 minutes? And this when his rig was supposed to be more stable!!!

Yea...a guy I used to wheel with out of Eatonville named Mark Parish had the scariest Jeep I'd ever seen.....he rated his wheelin success on how many time he flopped. But your right Kevin is good for the flop. :redneck:

There's a couple off guys down here like that too..

Symon623 said:
Yea...a guy I used to wheel with out of Eatonville named Mark Parish had the scariest Jeep I'd ever seen.....he rated his wheelin success on how many time he flopped. But your right Kevin is good for the flop. :redneck:

There's a couple off guys down here like that too..

I did TTC with Mark many moons ago. He was (is?) a fun guy to wheel with. His CJ was held together with bailing wire! He used a dryer vent hooked to a heater core to keep his engine from overheating. :cool: Ohhhh, the good ol' days.

If you ever see Mark, tell him Tony said hi.

T

I did TTC with Mark many moons ago. He was (is?) a fun guy to wheel with. His CJ was held together with bailing wire! He used a dryer vent hooked to a heater core to keep his engine from overheating. :cool: Ohhhh, the good ol' days.

If you ever see Mark, tell him Tony said hi.

T

Tony, I haven't seen Mark in prolly 10 years, but I do remember that ole rig at TTC. Last I heard he got married and doesn't wheel anymore, all this right after he built that sweet 9K pound flatfender.... :redneck:

What can I say?

I had just stretched out the wheelbase and still needed to add some limit straps and a swaybar to the rear of the rig.

Its been over a year now since I flopped my cj. Guess I'll have to try harder!

What can I say?

I had just stretched out the wheelbase and still needed to add some limit straps and a swaybar to the rear of the rig.

Its been over a year now since I flopped my cj. Guess I'll have to try harder!

A year? :wtf: You been racin too much and not wheelin enough? :redneck:

Speakin of swaybars.....your runin a rear and no front? or ?