• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Q about toyota steering column

dove'd85

first of all i have an 88 runner with a 22re, my bro is parting his rig and has an 88 xcab V6 with a tilt column

my column is fixxed and i want to swap them out and put the tilt in my rig, i no the column will bolt right in

i am wondering if the wiring and connections will be the same?

TIA:corn:

Yup, only possible difference would be an extra plug in the V-6 one if it has cruise control.

I'm assuming since you don't have tilt you don't have cruise.

If this is the case, you can just let the cruise plug dangle or use your combo switch.

Super easy swap should take less than 30 minutes.

Turn the key to acc. use a paper clip and push the tiny button on the bottom of the lock and pull the key out while keeping in in the acc. position. This will remove your lock and tumbler, so you can install it into your new tilt :coolguy: wheel

:awesomework:

Yup, only possible difference would be an extra plug in the V-6 one if it has cruise control.

I'm assuming since you don't have tilt you don't have cruise.

If this is the case, you can just let the cruise plug dangle or use your combo switch.

Super easy swap should take less than 30 minutes.

Turn the key to acc. use a paper clip and push the tiny button on the bottom of the lock and pull the key out while keeping in in the acc. position. This will remove your lock and tumbler, so you can install it into your new tilt :coolguy: wheel

thanks patrick:awesomework:

and i want to the combo switch in the tilt column because it has the twist style arm for the wiper delay and mine is the older style

Yeah the combo switch will work, and have intermittent delay too.

87, 88, (89 4runner) has the electronic controls for intermittent in the combo switch so it is the golden one for making any 84-89 have delay.

84-86 has the controls in the cab wiring so an older combo switch won't do anything.

ok so mine in the older style delay for the wipers? not sure why it would be in my 88? so you no for sure that the v6 tilt column from an 88 will bolt/plug into my existing harness?

Trainwreck is the yo man....walker next weekend...:eeek:

bill hopefully... i called you a couple time yesterday, was to busy with **** around the house to make it out to marks... and the diff that was supposedly 5.29's/detroit turned out to be an open 4.10:mad: bro forgot he sold the rear diff 6 months ago to someone else:rolleyes: so i am still wanting both of your thirds if possible?