• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quadrajet Carbs

Jeepasaurusrex

Is anyone here really good with them? I think my well plugs are leaking. After letting the Jeep sit overnight, I have to crank and crank to re-prime the system. I have been doing research online and the symptoms of what I am experiencing are just like others have had when their well plugs are leaking. Anyone else had this issue?:corn:

I have done about 40 of them over the years :D

I have seen them leak before but usually what happens is the motor will load up on startup due to the excessive fuel dripping into the intake since the plugs are on the intake side of the butterflys.

Mine starts up fine once there is fuel there. Its just when I let it sit over night, the float bowl is empty in the morning. I thought at first my check valve in the fuel pump was bad (new pump) but the more I research, the symptoms match leaking well plugs...:eeek:

Mine starts up fine once there is fuel there. Its just when I let it sit over night, the float bowl is empty in the morning. I thought at first my check valve in the fuel pump was bad (new pump) but the more I research, the symptoms match leaking well plugs...:eeek:

If the float bowl is empty then the plugs are probably it..

They are easy to do though--pull the base plate, tap the plugs and then epoxy over the plugs. Its been a long time since I have done one (don't see them anymore) and can't remember what epoxy I used..

i used a 2 part epoxy on the few ive done..if the plugs are slow leakers it will take all nite...if they leak fast it will be hard to start when hot...

DONE!

Disassembled it, cleaned it, epoxied the well plugs, reassembled, and installed.

546925_449026215134988_1194487526_n.jpg

526085_449026441801632_1457806877_n.jpg

74718_449026585134951_1773852489_n.jpg