• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quads/orv tag questions..

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Ok so we got a couple quads for the kids(125cc)--chineese imports (2-jet moto's).

Now these quads don't have a title (My old 250r quadracer did) and have never been licenensed for orv use. So does anybody know how to go about getting them legal to use on DNR land? I have searched with google and can't come up with anything...

You need to come up with some sort of title to show legal onwership before they will give you an ORV tag for them. Probably have to go through some sort of inspection process is my guess

I'm dealing with the same problem they told me i needed a certificate of origin. It is suppose to come with the quad if you're not the original purchaser you need to find one. If you get further let me know how

sounds like you need to plan a trip to the dunes. Oregon will issue you ORV tags without a title, just a copy of the VIN. Oregon tags are good in washington and are $15 (I think) and last for two years.:awesomework:

So how does getting an oregon pass help me here in washington?

Because washington honors oregons tags. They would be technically "registered" in oregon. :awesomework:

Only problem being, if your quads don't have vins.....:eeek:
Have you tried calling a place that sells them and see how it normally gets done?

sounds like you need to plan a trip to the dunes. Oregon will issue you ORV tags without a title, just a copy of the VIN. Oregon tags are good in washington and are $15 (I think) and last for two years.:awesomework:

thats it , thats what i have done with homemade buggies , WA state wants proof of ownership, Oregon does not, dont even need a VIN in ORE ,

Last edited:
Take the bill of sale and if possible a vin number, if it is not written on the bill of sale, to Barb's auto licensing in Snohomish it is in the parking lot on Mcdaniel's hardware they will help you.

Try to go when they are not busy like early morning on a weekday.

on a side note they will probably want you to file for lost title so you will need to have the last owner sign a form for each quad.

Just call the DOL. I am sure you are not the first one to ask the question of them. They will probably send you to the the State Patrol for a VIN inspection. You will need a valid ID and a notarized bill of sale.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/traveler/vinspect.htm

They are talking more about rebuilt titles but I am sure the same will apply in your case.

Its a two step program

Step one.......drive to dunes

Step two.........buy 10 dollar tags for two years.

OR...............................the hundred step progarm that wsp has set up to help you with. They are soooooo helpfull, you know!:rolleyes:

I dont know the ins and outs of WSPs total deal, as I always gave up at step 31 or 32 and went to the dunes:awesomework:

I dealt with a similiar issue of no title on a quad. If a title was ever issued then all you need todo is go down to the DOL and have them look up the current owner. Then they will give you a form to have the person to fill out. Then mail the form to the address certified and if it returns undeliverable then take it unopened to the DOL and they will issue you the title.